My solution for that excess strap

/ My solution for that excess strap #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I found these "stretch locks" at Home Depot and thought they would be good for securing the excess strap. They come in 24" and 40" lenghts. They should work on a small strap on up to a big strap.

*at The Home Depot

They also work good for holding the strap together when it is not in use.

/ My solution for that excess strap #2  
Hmmmmm... interesting. With my nautical background it looks like a re-purposed haliyard/sheet lock.

Of course a wee bit of bale twine could do the same thing. ;)

/ My solution for that excess strap #3  
I found these "stretch locks" at Home Depot and thought they would be good for securing the excess strap. They come in 24" and 40" lenghts. They should work on a small strap on up to a big strap.

They also work good for holding the strap together when it is not in use.

What do you tie up the excess on the stretch lock with :)

/ My solution for that excess strap #5  
I have been using the giant twist ties you can get at Lowes or Home Depot.

/ My solution for that excess strap #7  
I know most of us try to keep our chains cut close to length to the anchor down points of our trailers, However I have chains that I don't want to cut down, and have 5-6 ft extra, Instead of having it just lay there loose on the deck of the trailer, I pull the slack out with a cam-strap tie-down, hooking each end to the loose part of the chain and tightening the strap will pull the loose slack out along the side of the holding chain,;)
or can do as some of the truckers do, use the heavy duty bungee straps to hook the chain with, although the bungee's are known to break,