My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,781  
thanks. They tell me it went well. Check in was 6 and they had me on the road
coming home at 3. Everything was top notch and the people were great.
The down time is gonna be hard on me. Jefanna is a hard worker and I’d be hard pressed to pick up the slack if she was down so I know its gonna push her. Getting implements on the tractor to spray etc will be hardest but I think we can swing it. Here’s the last mini split to go in. Looking forward to some barn build pictures.
0CD8E7B9-484A-44A7-8FCD-C45B0C0108E0.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1767.jpeg
    IMG_1767.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #4,782  
Get well soon!! Them goats are calling.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,783  
Those black flies are called midges FWIW. Second the good wishes on the surgery. I don’t know what the general prognosis is for shoulder surgery, but if my hip replacement 6 months ago is any guide, physical therapy is an important part of recovery.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,784  
Good luck on the recovery. I'd like to see some info and a pic of the solar charger.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,785  
Barn scheduled for Monday and Tuesday next week. Had shoulder done yesterday. Was still finishing the mini split instal for my bedroom at 6 the night before. And doing some tractor work till 8. Cut down the septic stack to ground level as per Jefanna’s request. It released a cloud of black flies which surprised me.
I had a bunch of nee fence supplies come in and was glad my son was here because he assembled the solar charger cart while I was finishing up work online. He also helped me get the mini split squared away. Im going to run three line of electric rope temporarily and then get some permanent high tensile in (also electric). Temp should help to figure exactly where we need the fence situated
"Im going to run three line of electric rope temporarily and then get some permanent high tensile in (also electric)."

I would install the one I wanted the first time. Cost - Labor two times, no way for me.

Tractor Supply sell about a 700 foot roll of the American Farm Works electric tape for $39.99. Then if you add a horse to look after the goats you will be set without further work.

They also sell a 1,320 foot roll of the electrical fence wire for $34.99.

The added expense and labor cost is not something I would want to do twice. The Electric tape and wire also take different post holders if my old memory is still functioning.

Electric Tape wire holder.

Electric fence wire post holder.

Last edited:
   / My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,786  
Physical therapy starts Monday.

Here is the mobile solar cart
image-2024-04-26-13:02:28-135.jpg

image-2024-04-26-13:02:49-018.jpg

image-2024-04-26-13:14:03-531.jpg

I was going to use a bluetop Optima battery that I have been hanging on to, but it appears to have died and I cant get it to take a full charge.
I will be using pigtails and powerflex super poly braid 9 wire mixed conductor. No money wasted because we are switching to this system for rotational grazing. We started with mesh fence , both premier 1 and Starkline. We will use the mesh along with the 1.8 joule premier1 charger to contain the bucks. When I’m healed up we will do a permanent area for them with high tensile. The pigtail and poly braid line will hold the Does till my shoulder is recovered enough. There is only so much I can expect Jefanna to do on her own.

The speedrite charger is 3 joule and has a good reputation. Pigtails and rope was recommended to me originally by a local woman who raises boar goats but I had already bought the mesh fence and started building my first pen. We learn as we go.
I also have a solar fence charger in the apple orchard that had been running 7 years. That one uses a 5 joule Cyclops charger

Last edited: