MT357HC thread (& 342, 347, 352)

/ MT357HC thread (& 342, 347, 352) #1  

hammick

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT357HC
I though I would start a thread about the new LS MT3 premium series cab tractors. I've had my MT357HC for a week now and have 19 hours on it. I love it. I just received the manual today and hope to have the service manual when it is available. The hydro version of these tractors has what is called Servo HST (S-HST) as opposed to Conventional HST (C-HST). I'm not sure what S-HST adds over an XR series other than the auto throttle which LS calls "linked pedal".

I never tested out an XR series so I can't list all the changes but I'm happy to answer any questions or take any photos requested.

IMG_3129.jpgIMG_3096.jpgIMG_3093.jpgIMG_3185.jpg

/ MT357HC thread (& 342, 347, 352) #2  
Nice tractor you have... also nice view of the mountains............

/ MT357HC thread (& 342, 347, 352)
Nice tractor you have... also nice view of the mountains............

Thank you sir. We have been getting a lot of mountain time with the Covid. Wife is working remotely and I'm retired.

I should have asked this question before I greased the front axle. There are 8 zerks on my front axle. When I greased the two that are on the center of the axle the grease expanded the parts. Are there seals in these that I need to be mindful of over-greasing?

Attached is a photo of the zerks I am talking about. I think they are called the front and rear axle holders.

IMG_3188.jpgIMG_3189.jpg

/ MT357HC thread (& 342, 347, 352) #5  
My dealer contacted me today. He said that he spoke to the service guys for LS USA, and that there is a software update in progress for our tractors that will be released soon. He said they did not tell him what symptoms to look out for, but that when the update became available he would have more information. Not exactly what I wanted to here a day after purchasing my tractor, but hopefully its to correct something minor.

My dealer contacted me today. He said that he spoke to the service guys for LS USA, and that there is a software update in progress for our tractors that will be released soon. He said they did not tell him what symptoms to look out for, but that when the update became available he would have more information. Not exactly what I wanted to here a day after purchasing my tractor, but hopefully its to correct something minor.

Well that sucks. I sure hope my dealer is willing to travel to me to update the software. Dealer is three hours away and I have no way to transport short of renting a truck and trailer.

Thanks for the heads up.

/ MT357HC thread (& 342, 347, 352) #7  
I hope he does take care of you with that. Im kind of irked that they wouldn't give him more info on what the issue is. I want to know, if its its something that could be detrimental I will lay off of using it until they can update it. If I were you I would call the dealer you used and ask about it. Maybe if enough dealers press them about it they will at least let us know what the deal is. Aside from this, I do love the tractor.

Assuming it has something to do with the auto throttle just set the manual throttle to 1,600 or 1,700 rpms to be safe. That way it will only throttle down to what you set it to.

Congrats on the new tractor!

/ MT357HC thread (& 342, 347, 352) #9  
Thanks! I am LOVING the cab with A/C! BTW the servo HST connects the hst pedals to a servo valve that then operates the main hydro. In a conventional the pedals directly operate the main hydro. The servo results in a smother hst that requires less force to operate. The first tractors that I know of to use it were Kubota, but someone else may have pioneered it. I know im glad my tractor has it, it is very smooth to operate.

Thanks! I am LOVING the cab with A/C! BTW the servo HST connects the hst pedals to a servo valve that then operates the main hydro. In a conventional the pedals directly operate the main hydro. The servo results in a smother hst that requires less force to operate. The first tractors that I know of to use it were Kubota, but someone else may have pioneered it. I know im glad my tractor has it, it is very smooth to operate.

LS needs to develop a side x side line. I would be in 100% with a sealed cab with AC and heat.