Mini Excavator Sizing?

/ Mini Excavator Sizing? #31  
I have a 26g also, I love it. It does everything I need. I wouldn't mind a bigger counterweight. I looked a couple times, haven't seen anything that they make a bigger one. I was considering the 17g but got a great deal on the 26. I am happy I went with the bigger machine.
I looked at cats also and some other brands. For what I needed it for I couldn't justify the cost of the cat. I liked the simplicity of the deere. I also wanted a cab but for how much I actually use it open station was fine with me.

Last edited:
   / Mini Excavator Sizing?
Looks like I might have found a machine that seems like a pretty good deal. It’s a few year old 26g with cab and about 1500 hours for around 35k, all the service has been done regularly with records, new tracks and everything is tight.
Will be getting a 12ft 10k dump trailer to move it on if I go forward. Anything specific I should look at?

/ Mini Excavator Sizing? #33  
Besides more obvious things, If it were me I'd make sure the drive motors for the tracks are still strong and in good shape, just because it has a front blade doesn't make it a bulldozer lol I've looked at a few where I think it was tried to be used as a D9 not a excavator.

/ Mini Excavator Sizing?
How would I test that?

/ Mini Excavator Sizing? #35  
How would I test that?
I suppose you can run it against an immovable object and see if it has enough power to spin the tracks briefly, look for leaks on drive motors, check fluid level and visual condition of it in drive motors, check drive sprockets making sure they aren't worn down and or to pointy. If you want a better piece of mind hire a heavy equipment mechanic to look at it with you and follow his recommendations for further testing.

/ Mini Excavator Sizing? #36  
The 26g also has two speed drives.

/ Mini Excavator Sizing?
Thanks, a mechanic inspection is a good idea.

/ Mini Excavator Sizing?
26g arrived yesterday and looks/runs great. Thanks for all the advice and apologies in advance for a bunch of newbie questions I’ll likely be posting soon :)

/ Mini Excavator Sizing? #39  
Glad you found something. Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you and if you think you could’ve gotten by with the smaller machine.

/ Mini Excavator Sizing? #40  
How would I test that?
Yup, I would make sure it could spin the tracks and turn without help. Also a good indicator of drive motors; flat ground how straight does it drive? A weak motor will usually put you in a long circle.

Best,

ed