Bh77 vs mini excavator / excavator size

/ Bh77 vs mini excavator / excavator size #31  
I bought a 3.5 ton Chinese "Jiahe" brand. So far, takes whatever I have thrown at it.
Are there some Chinese junk? I'm sure. Are there name brand junk? I'm sure.

To OP, this machine I have cost $33,400 by the time it was landed in my yard with all the tariffs, shipping, EPA, etc. Kubota D1703 power plant in it. Hyd thumb, A/C, heat, hyd. quick attach, rake, 3 buckets, and with steel tracks weighs in at about 8,800lbs. I move it on a tandem dually gooseneck.

That’s only $1600 less than I paid for my used Kubota 40 with a cab, and hydraulic thumb. A guy that I’ve worked with bought a new sany 35 at the same time I bought the Kubota. He paid basically the same for the new open cab sany as I did the used cab Kubota. I’m glad everyone is happy with their purchase but I don’t regret my decision either. Putting the brand comparison aside I’ll take the used 40 machine with a cab over the new open station 35 at basically the same price every time.

/ Bh77 vs mini excavator / excavator size #32  
That’s only $1600 less than I paid for my used Kubota 40 with a cab, and hydraulic thumb. A guy that I’ve worked with bought a new sany 35 at the same time I bought the Kubota. He paid basically the same for the new open cab sany as I did the used cab Kubota. I’m glad everyone is happy with their purchase but I don’t regret my decision either. Putting the brand comparison aside I’ll take the used 40 machine with a cab over the new open station 35 at basically the same price every time.
Funny thing is mine is also a Kubota, engine wise.

/ Bh77 vs mini excavator / excavator size #33  
That’s a completely different comparison. There’s a couple Chinese excavators that are good but they also cost much more comparable to a name brand. The ones for like 5k that have become pretty popular are completely garbage. If they last 300 hours and the homeowner is satisfied with his purchase that’s fine but it doesn’t change the fact it’s junk.
I can tell you first hand that the weld quality on my agrotek 1ton is far better than the welds on the tym tractor i just traded in. Most problems i found was a few loose bolts. I am sockingly supprised how decent built it is

/ Bh77 vs mini excavator / excavator size #34  
Up put the bucket down and lift the machine. You will never be able to counter weigh that prolbem. I one ton is a great Machine for a hyd jackhammer in small areas and not much else
Far from usless.

/ Bh77 vs mini excavator / excavator size #35  
Mini ex will definitely be better at the tasks you list, but a BH77 will certainly get the job done, just slower.

I have a BH77 on a B2650. I've done lots of tasks around the property, many similar to what you listed.

French drain around a pole building:

SQfzdlo.jpg

0cVhd3b.jpg

6pITCUt.jpg

6v8dgkR.jpg

Digging the footer for the garage on our new house build a couple years ago:

4dWRNiB.jpg

5QDbys5.jpg

pTB6TTa.jpg

aa05MhA.jpg

Digging the undergrounds in the basement. Likely couldn't have fit a mini-ex in here.
D1raF6B.jpg

Digging a line to the septic tank:
qCeHyfJ.jpg

IGfKmH7.jpg

hcn2Def.jpg

WlCcB3a.jpg

Trenching for gutter drain pipes:
mlAk0JU.jpg

ufAPiQO.jpg

Digging and trenching for an underground propane tank and gas line:
VMGYzDy.jpg

yaeQE2h.jpg

gPalUBh.jpg

PDeYe92.jpg

GIxMc4n.jpg

RWNT97D.jpg

/ Bh77 vs mini excavator / excavator size #36  
Mini ex will definitely be better at the tasks you list, but a BH77 will certainly get the job done, just slower.

I have a BH77 on a B2650. I've done lots of tasks around the property, many similar to what you listed.

SQfzdlo.jpg

0cVhd3b.jpg

6pITCUt.jpg

6v8dgkR.jpg

4dWRNiB.jpg

5QDbys5.jpg

pTB6TTa.jpg

aa05MhA.jpg

Digging the undergrounds in the basement. Likely couldn't have fit a mini-ex in here.
D1raF6B.jpg

qCeHyfJ.jpg

IGfKmH7.jpg

hcn2Def.jpg

WlCcB3a.jpg

mlAk0JU.jpg

ufAPiQO.jpg

VMGYzDy.jpg

yaeQE2h.jpg

gPalUBh.jpg

PDeYe92.jpg

GIxMc4n.jpg

RWNT97D.jpg

Wow! What a lot of beautiful work.
I'm impressed - and more than a little bit inspired as well.
Thanks,
rScotty.

/ Bh77 vs mini excavator / excavator size #37  

SQfzdlo.jpg

0cVhd3b.jpg

6pITCUt.jpg

6v8dgkR.jpg

4dWRNiB.jpg

5QDbys5.jpg

pTB6TTa.jpg

aa05MhA.jpg

D1raF6B.jpg

qCeHyfJ.jpg

IGfKmH7.jpg

hcn2Def.jpg

WlCcB3a.jpg

mlAk0JU.jpg

ufAPiQO.jpg

VMGYzDy.jpg

yaeQE2h.jpg

gPalUBh.jpg

PDeYe92.jpg

GIxMc4n.jpg

RWNT97D.jpg
When I was scrolling down through the photos and saw all that 3/8 stone in your footing trench, first thought was Superior foundation?

Then a couple more photos down, and sure enough. How do you like it?

/ Bh77 vs mini excavator / excavator size #38  
Wow! What a lot of beautiful work.
I'm impressed - and more than a little bit inspired as well.
Thanks,
rScotty.

Appreciate that, thank you!

/ Bh77 vs mini excavator / excavator size #39  
When I was scrolling down through the photos and saw all that 3/8 stone in your footing trench, first thought was Superior foundation?

Then a couple more photos down, and sure enough. How do you like it?

Yep, Superior Walls. No complaints so far, but we've only been in the house for about 8 months now and haven't done much with the basement.

/ Bh77 vs mini excavator / excavator size #40  
I have a BH77 on my L3700SU. .. It beats the shovel.. I has a older 6K hour KX121 that ran and worked well, But sold it .. I missed having a MiniX and bought a new E35 Bobcat. It's nice but not as strong as the 121 was. A mini is much much faster at digging anything than a backhoe. You will find all kinds of things to do with it once you have one.