Mid mount grader blade ??

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #32  
Take a look at this thread for a box blade with wheels.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #33  
I'm thinking I might like the land plane idea.
wonder if any have adjustable blades?
25 years ago, I bought my first tractor (used) and the dealer sold me a new Rhino rear blade. With the blade, he convinced me to include side plates and a rear gauge wheel. I can't tell you how many times I have thanked him under my breath when I have used it. I think you understand that the problem with a box blade, and sometimes a wheel-less land plane, is that they can dig and gouge. The solution is a set of wheels on both front and back of the blade. This is what a 'gauge wheel' does for a rear blade. Below is a small image of what I have (couldn't find a bigger picture). This is from Rhino:

1644035961486.png

The benefit of such a blade is all of the possible movements: blade material left/right, blade angle up/down, adjust gauge wheel height. Mine can also swing the entire setup left or right, but that feature really isn't all that useful.

Here is another Rhino product that might help because of it's adjustable gauge wheels:

1644036153216.png

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #34  
I have seen 2 late model (3 years old) tractors with midmounted blades. Both are 2wd and stretched to fit the blade.
I think you will need to find a low volume tractor modifier to get the tractor you want.
SHOW STOPPER, what are the regulations involved?

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #35  
Allis model D roadgrader works good--not too big dont use much gas, already made, does a fair job,! lol
Old Farmall cub will smooth out loose dirt but wont work on packed gravel at all. No small tractor will do hard gravel drives unless you rip up the hard stuff first.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #36  
Yep they are real custom made machines this is a 2021 model

Attachments

• received_819272139027801.jpeg
    received_819272139027801.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 123
   / Mid mount grader blade ?? #37  
You will notice that most tractors with mid mount blades have;
1) very shallow blades and very little ground clearance with them on.
2) unless they are lengthened most are 2wd, and many of the lengthened are 2 wd.
They are a nice idea but the implementation will leave a lot to be desired.
They are extremely useful for finishing. You don't need a tall blade or high ground clearance. If the plan is to move large amounts or cover a large area, more capacity is needed. But for working a driveway or parking lot, they are great. A front or rear blade must have extra wheels in order to do a quality job.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #38  
I'm thinking I might like the land plane idea.
wonder if any have adjustable blades?
I have one and the depth of cut is adjustable, I think mine will cut about 1 to 1-1/2 inches which is pretty aggressive. I have mine adjusted to cut 1/2 inch deeper on the right. Up one side, turn around and do the other side; it helps keep the crown in the road.