Mid mount grader blade ??

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #1  

Dwellonroof

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3046r
What tractor(s) would I look for that would or could have a mid mounted blade ?
Also pictures would help.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #2  
I'm sure such machines exist but I'm not familiar with any. Mid blades are used mainly on road graders specifically designed for that purpose. In general, most tractors don't have a wheel base long enough to make a mid mount blade effective for grading work. A float mechanism would be difficult to design considering the limited ground clearance. The blade would have to have a low profile which would limit the amount of material that could be worked.

Do you have a specific purpose for such a tractor?

/ Mid mount grader blade ??
I thinking it would be an option for my gravel driveway to keep it maintained.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #5  
I thinking it would be an option for my gravel driveway to keep it maintained.
If you plan to use the tractor for other purposes, a mid mount attachment of any kind is more difficult to install and remove. I use a 3 point hitch mount stone rake to maintain gravel driveways.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #6  
DF0DC537-519C-418C-AEF1-5A5256A1C912.jpeg

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #7  
Why not just get a Land Plane for your JD 3046R? That would make short work of a gravel drive and $ave you a bundle.

/ Mid mount grader blade ??
Why not just get a Land Plane for your JD 3046R? That would make short work of a gravel drive and $ave you a bundle.
I do have a box and back blade but was just thinking.:unsure::unsure:
I wonder how much better a land plane would do.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #9  
These old Farmall tractors are the only ones I've ever seen with a mid mount blade
McCormick and blade.jpg

Motor-Graders-Athey-.jpg

other than the industrial Athey grader.
A box blade works to an extent, it generally leaves the road in better shape when used, but not having and experience with a land plane, all I can say is I am planning to get one and those who have them swear by them.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #10  
Didn't some of the older Allis Chalmers also have a belly blade option?