Mid mount grader blade ??

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #11  
I do have a box and back blade but was just thinking.:unsure::unsure:
I wonder how much better a land plane would do.
I landplane is the shiznit for leveling. Box blades are good for moving material. I made mine.

Attachments

• IMG_1299[1].JPG
    IMG_1299[1].JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 903

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #12  

Attachments

• IMG_1353[1].JPG
    IMG_1353[1].JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 417
Here it is green.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #13  
Many of the older ag tractors were used as road graders, but they lengthened them for better blade angling and height.
And to lessen the effect of holes and uneven roads.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #14  
I built a mid mount blade for my MF14 garden tractor. It worked so well, that a local contractor hired me to grade several commercial parking lots he was to finish. I used it for twenty years, and still have it, though the tractor had to be retired. The only reason I have not built a new mid mount blade for my JD 1025 is that I also have an Adams tow behind grader which works very well. If you have a long driveway to grade, I could not recommend a mid mount grader blade more highly. It does not need to be super powerful, you're just skimming off 1/2" at a time, but you do it fast, and many times, and the geometry keeps filling in the low spots without your constant attention.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #15  

Attachments

• IMG_1353[1].JPG
    IMG_1353[1].JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 417
Here it is green.
Looks great, I wish I had the welding skills to fabricate like that. The shop foreman where I worked was an amazing fabricator, he rebuilt fabricated a new frame and reach for the 4 axle dump pup trailer I pulled and for himself, at home he fabricated a 12' tandem dump trailer that definitely did not look home made at all.

Job nicely done on your land plane. One thing I've noticed about most factory land planes is the two cutting edges are angled the same way, I noticed yours are at different angles. I was wondering if that works better? I sort of figured after studying yours and a factory job that theirs are that way to save some steel which makes sense if you're building a few hundred at a time.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #17  
It absolutely levels better. What it is exceptional at is filling in low spots like holes and ruts much better than the parrallel blades do. The reason they aren't made that way is that they would have to be too long. Mine is 7 x 7 and heavy.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #18  
Didn't some of the older Allis Chalmers also have a belly blade option?
The A-C G model mounted its implements in the center. A very unique tractor with a rear engine.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #19  
Tilmor makes a tractor based on the A-C model G that carries the tools in the middle of the tractor. Tilmor - Tilmor Tractor

You could buy the tool bar and attach the blade to the tool bar. There is also a tractor called the Oggun you could look at. Both are light weight garden crop tractors.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #20  
What tractor(s) would I look for that would or could have a mid mounted blade ?
Also pictures would help.

More:

Bruce