Mid mount grader blade ??

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #22  
You will notice that most tractors with mid mount blades have;
1) very shallow blades and very little ground clearance with them on.
2) unless they are lengthened most are 2wd, and many of the lengthened are 2 wd.
They are a nice idea but the implementation will leave a lot to be desired.

/ Mid mount grader blade ??
I'm thinking I might like the land plane idea.
wonder if any have adjustable blades?

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #24  
Not easily adjustable. I think the store bought ones the blades can move up or back but you can't angle them because that changes the length of the blade.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #25  
My blades are set 1" below the frame. I made that adjustable and I think it can be adjusted on most of them.

Not easily adjustable. I think the store bought ones the blades can move up or back but you can't angle them because that changes the length of the blade.
That makes sense

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #27  
Land planes are wonderful at leveling. However for a driveway, you usually want it crowned. This is better done with a rear angle blade.

Land planes have the angled blades so it pulls in one direction and then the other to level out all the low spots. I built my own out of angle iron and, while not very heavy duty, has done very well for leveling loose material.

level1.jpg

My drive isn't crowned since it drains to one side.

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #29  
Tilmor makes a tractor based on the A-C model G that carries the tools in the middle of the tractor. Tilmor - Tilmor Tractor

You could buy the tool bar and attach the blade to the tool bar. There is also a tractor called the Oggun you could look at. Both are light weight garden crop tractors.
Tilmor likes to claim easy maintenance, I just watched the 19 minute video about battery maintenance on the very bottom of their page wow it’s crazy difficult , seems like one of the most difficult to access tractor batteries I’ve ever seen !

/ Mid mount grader blade ?? #30  
The problem with a 3Pt blade is there is no down pressure available. Also it is close to the rear axle and is subject to "cutting or dropping" material every time your front tires go over a bump or into a dip. If you run back and forth over the same spots pretty soon you have a roller coaster driveway. I maintain 400' of gravel drive with one and there are tricks and techniques you develop to compensate but it is not a perfect solution.

The best thing is to have a an 8-way blade centered between the axles and the farther apart the better, but I can't fit a CAT 140H into my budget or yard... I built my own land plane since I don't have a box blade and it is very useful in some situations but is no substitute for the back blade, especially for clearing snow.

I have been contemplating adding some wheels that will trail the blade as far back as possible so that the 3Pt blade is in the middle of two axles to smooth out the ups and downs. The rear wheels would probably need to caster for turning and should be at least as far behind the blade as the blade is behind the rear tractor axle. Early road graders were implements that were towed behind tractors and will serve as examples of the geometries needed.