Mice got me!

/ Mice got me! #11  
I have a few of those too as backup. The ultrasonic repellents work. No mess, no stink, no dead bodies, and no bait boxes. It's been 4 years now without any trouble.

For the trap bait, B.O.S.S. works well. No mess, no stink and it's organic.

I like the fact it's natural. I can't get electrical everywhere on the farm for the ultrasonic repellents. Better than the toxic D-con.

I lost 1 VR behind the dash as the mice made a nest and ate the wires! From that point on it was a planned war. Glad the wires were on the VR to the connector and not the tractor harness. A $32 fix. That nest took nearly an hour to remove properly. All the electrical ran thru that area for the lights, ignition, dash display lamps and the VR. The mice dropping and pee all went to the top of the VR. It corroded badly. Glad it wasn't found on the inside tray nor the steering shaft.

View attachment 742949
I don't want to just repel them, I want to crash the population. But yeah, traps are a disgusting pain.

/ Mice got me! #12  
It could be worse. That was once all I have left of a snowmobile. That used to look like this one.

Attachments

• KIMG0829.JPG
    KIMG0829.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 234
  • 1650725167356190467170313073464.jpg
    1650725167356190467170313073464.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 228
   / Mice got me! #13  
Before the cold weather settles in I spray WD40 around engine wires etc. yet to have problem,but if tractor set to long another concern to deal with. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Bee 1.JPG
    Bee 1.JPG
    349.8 KB · Views: 183
   / Mice got me! #14  
I have a few of those too as backup. The ultrasonic repellents work. No mess, no stink, no dead bodies, and no bait boxes. It's been 4 years now without any trouble.

For the trap bait, B.O.S.S. works well. No mess, no stink and it's organic.

I like the fact it's natural. I can't get electrical everywhere on the farm for the ultrasonic repellents. Better than the toxic D-con.

I lost 1 VR behind the dash as the mice made a nest and ate the wires! From that point on it was a planned war. Glad the wires were on the VR to the connector and not the tractor harness. A $32 fix. That nest took nearly an hour to remove properly. All the electrical ran thru that area for the lights, ignition, dash display lamps and the VR. The mice dropping and pee all went to the top of the VR. It corroded badly. Glad it wasn't found on the inside tray nor the steering shaft.
I use a zip tie to hold one in the tractor under the hood out of the way of moving parts. I change it every few months and I leaf the old ones in corners of the sheds because they still have smell left in them. I was doubtful of them at first but I have not had any rodents of any kind in my sheds for over 2 years now. I do use poison bars, but they are no longer being chewed on.

/ Mice got me! #15  
The L3000 I bought maybe in 2002, brand new, had three weeks on it when I found some of the wiring chewed in pieces. We have, in addition to mice, chipmunks and ground squirrels, all of which will go for wires and cables. I patched up the wiring and enclosed it in those corrugated wire protectors and didn't have another problem. Though the plastic protectors could easily be chewed. By the way, the L4701 I purchased a couple years ago, new, came with those corrugated protectors, whatever they're called.

I also had rodents chop up the lead line for an amateur-radio antenna on the hillside behind my house. I read somewhere that electrical cable/wire sheathing contains soy, or some do. The general hubbub is that the rodents are attracted to the soy in the plastic. No idea whether that's true, but I had to repair the cabling and enclose it in metal conduit.

/ Mice got me! #16  
Just made this mouse trap last night. Need to add some peanut butter and set it out to see if it is good as YouTube says it is.

/ Mice got me! #17  
Just made this mouse trap last night. Need to add some peanut butter and set it out to see if it is good as YouTube says it is.
Well I tried to attach a picture... It's one of the 5 gallon bucket traps.