MF35 stuck in reverse

/ MF35 stuck in reverse #1  

FrankT

MF35 stuck in reverse..shift will not move...been advised to push on fork (through transmission fill hole) with screw driver or small crow bar. What part fork & in what direction do I push? Does it takle much force? dont want to break anything

/ MF35 stuck in reverse #3  
Frank, the link JerryG gave is a good one, and tells exacatly how to correct the problem. Mine got stuck several years ago, and I freed it up. I was also nervous about putting too much pressure on the gears and breaking something else.

It takes a good size screw driver, or pry bar. It also took some trial and error - it's hard to see in that little access hole. Finally out of desperation, I gave it a good shove, and the gear moved where it was supposed to be. Have never had the problem since.

Good luck, and let us know if you get it fixed.

/ MF35 stuck in reverse #4  
I used to have that problem, but it stuck in first. I would open the fill hole and with a heavy screw driver slip the fork back. I can't remember the shift pattern, but if you move the stick forward to go to reverse, you will move the fork forward to take it out.

/ MF35 stuck in reverse #5  
Frankt, did you get your transmission freed up?

Bob