Massive storm clean up

/ Massive storm clean up
Removing that many large stumps would definitely make a big mess. Grinding would be better than digging with a hoe but removing all the chips and replacing with soil would still be a big job.

They are hitting the pause button on further clean up. Family squabbles on what to do. My guess is the stumps will stay and be mowed in between. Groundskeepers don’t give a flip. It’s just work.

1693527256439.jpeg

1693527299543.jpeg

This could be the next phase.

1693527340125.jpeg

/ Massive storm clean up #132  
I think they will regret waiting. There isn't anything you can do with that area where those trees are down. It will be a mess, can't even bushhog it.

It will provide a lot of wildlife habitat though.

/ Massive storm clean up #133  
I think they will regret waiting. There isn't anything you can do with that area where those trees are down. It will be a mess, can't even bushhog it.

It will provide a lot of wildlife habitat though.
My thinking would be pulling the stump's but it's not your or my call . . . nice work!

/ Massive storm clean up
My thinking would be pulling the stump's but it's not your or my call . . . nice work!

There’s room for their 60HP tractor and 7’ mower to mow between the stumps. They just need to get the bare dirt seeded asap.

The owner is discussing planting new trees

/ Massive storm clean up #135  
Darn nice work HD. (y)

"Family squabbles"....hope they realize winter coming ground could soggy before it freezes,if wait until next year might be long wait for service.

/ Massive storm clean up #136  
It's not a trivial amount of money. I understand pulling back on the reigns a bit.

/ Massive storm clean up
These folks are worth many many millions and have extensive land holdings in multiple states. They live on the perpetual earnings of their predecessor who invented the tracer bullet.

/ Massive storm clean up #138  
I didn't want to ask, but wondered how a Naval meteorologist (ret) had these "resources". 👍

/ Massive storm clean up
I didn't want to ask, but wondered how a Naval meteorologist (ret) had these "resources". 👍
Yeah he’s the head groundskeeper, but he is well compensated. Great guy.

Last edited:
   / Massive storm clean up #140  
If that is a rental, I would think the repair cost should be on the rental company. I would think everyone that has ever rented that machine has contributed to that failure along the way. Not right that it just happened to fail during your rental time. Update, nice to see the rental company covered the repair cost. It is nice you have a good relationship with the guy, that always means a lot..

Last edited: