Massive storm clean up

/ Massive storm clean up #11  
Firewood is so species dependent……..

Also in OP’s area, firewood may not be as desirable as other areas!

/ Massive storm clean up #12  
The first two pictures remind me of what Ukraine looks like now in the South. Imagine dodging mines while cleaning that up. o_O

/ Massive storm clean up #13  
In my area it seems like firewood pays about $5/hr. Selling the logs in bulk sounds like a good plan just to get rid of them.

A track hoe with thumb would do well for the bigger stuff.

When I helped clean up the nephews place I tried to do as little hand work and chainsaw work as possible. I was just trying to pick up tangled messes and get them dumped.

/ Massive storm clean up
In my area it seems like firewood pays about $5/hr. Selling the logs in bulk sounds like a good plan just to get rid of them.

A track hoe with thumb would do well for the bigger stuff.

When I helped clean up the nephews place I tried to do as little hand work and chainsaw work as possible. I was just trying to pick up tangled messes and get them dumped.

I was thinking it’d work for the bigger stuff and the piles of smaller stuff. I could grasp several branches and start making piles.
Or if a grinder rental happens, then drop them in the grinder.

/ Massive storm clean up #15  
With that amount of debris to clean up, the work areas are unavoidably going to turn to dust if its dry and turn to mud if it rains. You may have to prepare their expectations for that.

I'd be curious how you will divide the work with the tree service.

There comes a point when a dozer or loader equipped with a winch is the most efficient method of dealing with a lot of large trees especially if you don't want to damage a tractor.

What's the plan for dealing with all of the inevitable stumps and holes left behind by trees that have been uprooted?

Orderly plan to clean this up in stages will probably work better and be better received by the owners if they are able to see progress being made.

/ Massive storm clean up #16  
Over 300 trees is dozer calls for a dozer. That's like way beyond working a chain saw for firewood. Maybe a select few trees, but you are looking at a lot of work. And factor in the terrain and tree mix, both variety and tanglement .....
that's a lot of work....

/ Massive storm clean up #18  
Several months of work for one person.

/ Massive storm clean up #19  
Damn Hay Dude............Looks like our land from 20-21 when we had 80+mph winds, we're STILL cleaning up remnants of it, rough when you have a 40/h week job and have so much unpaid work todo else? But I have my tractor, grapple and forestry winch now for future endeavors.

/ Massive storm clean up #20  
Those pine trees a white pine. They are like the weed of pine trees. I counted the rings on a 38in one in my front yard and it was only 60yrs old. They also break in the middle of the trunk with any major wind. The tree really has no strength. They are huge and suck to clean up.