Massey Ferguson nightmare

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #1  

Bag Man

Tractor
MF 4709
I purchased a new MF 4709 this year from my local dealer. Everything has malfunctioned from the cheap chain stabilizer, cheap linkage,lift,computer,clutch,steering motor,brakes etc. This tractor was made for cutting hay,if it will run,not for normal agricultural purposes.
The most disappointing thing is after 5 months,Massey Ferguson corporate or my dealer will stand behind the tractor. All I hope is none of you will make the same mistake I did. Do it right the first time. Buy a real tractor not a Massey Ferguson.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #2  
I purchased a new MF 4709 this year from my local dealer. Everything has malfunctioned from the cheap chain stabilizer, cheap linkage,lift,computer,clutch,steering motor,brakes etc. This tractor was made for cutting hay,if it will run,not for normal agricultural purposes.
The most disappointing thing is after 5 months,Massey Ferguson corporate or my dealer will stand behind the tractor. All I hope is none of you will make the same mistake I did. Do it right the first time. Buy a real tractor not a Massey Ferguson.
Write agcoanswers. They will make it right. Find it on the main site.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare
I have called Agco once and sent 3 letters with no response or resolution from Agco or my dealer. An experience like this will break a farmer! Never again. Thanks for your advice.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #4  
You joined this (small/compact) tractor enthusiast site for the sole purpose of bashing and badmouthing the manufacturer of a large ag tractor? I guess we'll take your 'advice' with a large grain of salt.

The truth is not bashing. I pray nobody on this forum has to experience what I have.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #6  

Where are you ? Hard to imagine the dealer is not supportive having just sold you as new tractor. I had numerous problems in 2011 with a MF 2660 which could easily lead to a "lemon" description. In the long run every problem was corrected and every issue solved. AGCO made it right but it took a long time & part of that was my awkward situation being 300 miles from the farm and the tractor & only able to be there once month.

So back to your situation: 1) The dealer has to support you. If he doesn't go to another dealer as AGCO is going to reimburse any dealer the same no matter whether they sold it or not. 2) As the other guy said DO CONTACT AGCO answers people and pursue it that way too. 3) Absolutely insist on direct contact with the regional service representative. They have the horsepower to get done what ever needs to be done and money behind it for warrantee work if need be.

Finally, I'm sure you are worse than frustrated, but a whizzing contest will not help in dealing with the dealer, the AGCO rep or anyone else. And, if it was that bad, why didn't you take it back and get a refund?

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #7  
Do you have a warranty on the machine? Have they been fixing the issues?

Where are you ? Hard to imagine the dealer is not supportive having just sold you as new tractor. I had numerous problems in 2011 with a MF 2660 which could easily lead to a "lemon" description. In the long run every problem was corrected and every issue solved. AGCO made it right but it took a long time & part of that was my awkward situation being 300 miles from the farm and the tractor & only able to be there once month.

So back to your situation: 1) The dealer has to support you. If he doesn't go to another dealer as AGCO is going to reimburse any dealer the same no matter whether they sold it or not. 2) As the other guy said DO CONTACT AGCO answers people and pursue it that way too. 3) Absolutely insist on direct contact with the regional service representative. They have the horsepower to get done what ever needs to be done and money behind it for warrantee work if need be.

Finally, I'm sure you are worse than frustrated, but a whizzing contest will not help in dealing with the dealer, the AGCO rep or anyone else. And, if it was that bad, why didn't you take it back and get a refund?

The dealer has been fixing most of the problems as they arise. The problem is, they continue to arise. The down time throughout the planting season caused me to not get my crop planted when conditions were good. I attempted planting in the mud. This failed.
The dealer would not send a loaner even after I requested one. The dealer also has not offered to take it back,trade or refund.
Finally when my neighbor finished planting he lent me his tractor. To late in the season to accomplish anything.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #9  

Anytime I have called AGCO they have taken care of any issue I had.. If you have had the problems you say you have, they should have replaced the tractor a long time ago..

Anytime I have called AGCO they have taken care of any issue I had.. If you have had the problems you say you have, they should have replaced the tractor a long time ago..

I agree. Every farmer or Ag supply dealer I have discussed this with cannot believe MF and the dealer have hung me out to dry. MF not correcting the problem shocks me. I have learned over the past months,the dealer has a history of treating customers this way. Good things happen to good people!