Massey Ferguson nightmare

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #21  
Might look for country of origin sticker, my GC 1715 made by Iseki (a Japanese company) was assembled in Indonesia...

Dale

Good point. My 2660 has one of those nameplate-like stickers (saying Brazil, etc.) on the sheet metal part of the chassis near the seat.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare
No problem with the engine yet but you cannot imagine everything else that has gone wrong. When you say the dealers were left in a lurch,do you mean MF did not stand behind the dealer?
I am not trying to hurt or bash anybody.I am in total disbelief that MF and the dealer have left me high and dry for the past six months. Would really like to know if other people have been treated this way. Like I said in an earlier post,I pray none of you ever have to experience the H I have this summer.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #23  
I can very well imagine what all else went wrong (and I'm betting my story on the MF2660 in 2011-2014 is worse than yours..) except in one very MAJOR respect -- you're trying to make a living and working your butt off at it as farmers do. You do not have the time or patience to tolerate brand new equipment that is defective. Man I feel for you big time. I was/am an old guy not facing what you are.

What I meant about dealers being "left in the lurch" is that equipment sometimes arrives from the factory never having been properly checked in Quality Control before leaving the factory. Let out of the factory with a staggering amount of stuff wrong with it and in effect dumped in the lap of the dealer to fix it. That is what happened in my case. Eventually the dealer fixed all the problems. Eventually AGCO reimbursed the dealer for doing so. Eventually they made it all right. And currently I love the tractor... finally!

But I went through all that over a lengthy period of time with this running through my mind: What on earth would someone do who (unlike me) was/is a serious farmer working for an agricultural living !!??

I think you will find that is why many of the guys on here are so sympathetic with your predicament.

[AND, I have heard very, very similar stories from two other big name brands, not just Massey...]

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #24  
Aren't they made in Brasil or some offshore country?

From what I read, they are a tier 4 final, common rail, computer engine and every make is having teething issues, not just Massey. I'm curious in as much as you say you farm... I would presume you have / had another tractor then, where did it go?

Youd better believe it if your MF was built in Brazil it was built right! I visited the plant a couple years back-my wife is from Canoes Brazil....primarily Italian\German Brazilians who work and build them. Its in South Brazil state called Rio Grand Du Sol-I plan on retiring there soon.

This also assemble MF tractors fully or in kit form which is most likely what you get here in US from them. Then they are assembled here in US.....blame Americans for poor QC then.

I can very well imagine what all else went wrong (and I'm betting my story on the MF2660 in 2011-2014 is worse than yours..) except in one very MAJOR respect -- you're trying to make a living and working your butt off at it as farmers do. You do not have the time or patience to tolerate brand new equipment that is defective. Man I feel for you big time. I was/am an old guy not facing what you are.

What I meant about dealers being "left in the lurch" is that equipment sometimes arrives from the factory never having been properly checked in Quality Control before leaving the factory. Let out of the factory with a staggering amount of stuff wrong with it and in effect dumped in the lap of the dealer to fix it. That is what happened in my case. Eventually the dealer fixed all the problems. Eventually AGCO reimbursed the dealer for doing so. Eventually they made it all right. And currently I love the tractor... finally!

But I went through all that over a lengthy period of time with this running through my mind: What on earth would someone do who (unlike me) was/is a serious farmer working for an agricultural living !!??

I think you will find that is why many of the guys on here are so sympathetic with your predicament.

[AND, I have heard very, very similar stories from two other big name brands, not just Massey...]

It is a shame businesses are run like this but not in the long run.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #26  
I am not trying to hurt or bash anybody.I am in total disbelief that MF and the dealer have left me high and dry for the past six months. Would really like to know if other people have been treated this way.

They left me out to dry with a fuel problem on a MF SCUT, cost me $1200 to fix it myself because I was shotgunning it, I knew nothing about the internals of a diesel engine, I do now because I couldn't get them to stand behind it.. That won't happen again, I went green this time...

I have seen three MF dealers close in Maine in the last 6 years and am glad to see it..

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #27  
Youd better believe it if your MF was built in Brazil it was built right! I visited the plant a couple years back-my wife is from Canoes Brazil....primarily Italian\German Brazilians who work and build them. Its in South Brazil state called Rio Grand Du Sol-I plan on retiring there soon.

This also assemble MF tractors fully or in kit form which is most likely what you get here in US from them. Then they are assembled here in US.....blame Americans for poor QC then.

I disagree. You'd better believe my MF was built in Brazil and it was a pure horror story NOT built right! MANY if not most/all of my significant MF2660 problems came from the factory, NOT from assembling the lemon no matter where it was assembled. I can pass on a few examples (though maybe the middle of this thread is not the place...)

I am not where the tractor is at the moment but I think there is a tag on it saying where it was assembled & one thing is certain -- it was not the US of A. MY memory, dealer's comments and every report I have ever seen says it was made in Brazil. Mine was made in late 2010 and sold in 2011.

And if you find a MF tractor manufactured for sale in the US you will NOT find it made in Brazil, now nor in the last few years. In my opinion there is an unpublished reason for that and it was loud feedback on poor QC from the 2600 series made in Brazil.

This week my Massey Dealer痴 tech came to fix 3 more warranty items,brake,broke throttle and second time working on steering pump. It is mind boggling the down time and warranty issue I have experienced over the past 7 months.
Called AGCO Answers for the third time today. My lawyer has sent 3 letters to AGCO corporate and the legal dept. I have not received one call from AGCO. I am not bashing just forewarning. This is no way to treat a customer.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #29  
Someone is going to get a lemon no matter what brand you buy BUT, it's what customer service does to rectify the problem that matters.. From my own dealings with AGCO, I am not surprised and they will never get another dime out of me..

The saga continues. My dealer’s tech spent the last 2 days working on three warranty items. He said all three problems were corrected when he left yesterday. This morning I discovered that the right brake is still inoperable. I hope this ends before I go broke because of down time .