Massey Ferguson nightmare

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #11  
Have you sent AGCO a message on the website at all? I would send it again because you never know who is going to read it.. I have found that one person will read it and do nothing and the next person will do there job and might help you out..

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #12  
I purchased a new MF 4709 this year from my local dealer. Everything has malfunctioned from the cheap chain stabilizer, cheap linkage,lift,computer,clutch,steering motor,brakes etc. This tractor was made for cutting hay,if it will run,not for normal agricultural purposes.
The most disappointing thing is after 5 months,Massey Ferguson corporate or my dealer will stand behind the tractor. All I hope is none of you will make the same mistake I did. Do it right the first time. Buy a real tractor not a Massey Ferguson.

Sounds like a stealership customer satisfaction issue to me.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #13  
I purchased a new MF 4709 this year from my local dealer. Everything has malfunctioned from the cheap chain stabilizer, cheap linkage,lift,computer,clutch,steering motor,brakes etc. This tractor was made for cutting hay,if it will run,not for normal agricultural purposes.
The most disappointing thing is after 5 months,Massey Ferguson corporate or my dealer will stand behind the tractor. All I hope is none of you will make the same mistake I did. Do it right the first time. Buy a real tractor not a Massey Ferguson.
WOW, it seems like they cut quality drastically to cut costs, at least on the new models, and it bit them hard in the butt!..

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #14  
Aren't they made in Brasil or some offshore country?

From what I read, they are a tier 4 final, common rail, computer engine and every make is having teething issues, not just Massey. I'm curious in as much as you say you farm... I would presume you have / had another tractor then, where did it go?

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare
I still have an older Massey. It works. This is my 4th MF.
It is the newer computer/electronic tractor. If this is not corrected soon,I am thinking of buying a used John Deere 7310.
It sounds crazy but if I don’t start planning for next year, I will be behind the eight ball again.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare
I actually called twice. The last time I talked to a lady in customer service. She instructed me to e-mail the complaint. That was about a month ago.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #17  
I actually called twice. The last time I talked to a lady in customer service. She instructed me to e-mail the complaint. That was about a month ago.

I have no plans to buy another tractor, but your experience would make me very wary of buying anything painted Massey red.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #18  
I have no plans to buy another tractor, but your experience would make me very wary of buying anything painted Massey red.

I agree, that is just not right.. It's one thing for a homeowner to get a lemon and the dealer not take care of it but this is a guy that depends on the thing to make money, no good..

Some of these company's are so big that they get the untouchable attitude, the internet is our source of power.. Opening a thread as the OP has is a good thing.. When people are searching for a particular brand and they see this type of thing several times they may think twice before buying that brand, I know I would..

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #19  
Aren't they made in Brasil or some offshore country?

From what I read, they are a tier 4 final, common rail, computer engine and every make is having teething issues, not just Massey. I'm curious in as much as you say you farm... I would presume you have / had another tractor then, where did it go?

My MF 2660 was made in Brazil (as were the whole 2650/60/70/80 series.) The good news is they were made heavy as all H and solid in the old-school tradition. However, there was apparently NO quality control leaving the factory, dealers got some of the things fixed but were caught in a lurch too. Frankly one hideous mess until the bugs were worked out. Once the bugs were all fixed it has been a super machine and I went from vocal critic to a fan of it.

My Perkins 4cyl diesel on the 2660 is probably the most reliable engine I ever bought on anything.

Again 2nd hand, but from what I've heard from MF users (and Kubota too) the engine (even the newer ones meeting Tier4) have not been their main problems -- rather the engines have been pretty good and other issues have been more dominant.

My understanding is that the newer series machines (e.g. your 4700 series and also the 4600 series) are made somewhere else -- not Brazil. I doubt/would be shocked if ANY were made in the USA. Almost none are these days. At one point the rumor mill said that these newer series machines were going to be made in Japan like the smaller subcompact Masseys, but then others claimed NO, not true. I am not sure. Others will probably come on here and tell us all.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #20  
My MF 2660 was made in Brazil (as were the whole 2650/60/70/80 series.) The good news is they were made heavy as all H and solid in the old-school tradition. However, there was apparently NO quality control leaving the factory, dealers got some of the things fixed but were caught in a lurch too. Frankly one hideous mess until the bugs were worked out. Once the bugs were all fixed it has been a super machine and I went from vocal critic to a fan of it.

My Perkins 4cyl diesel on the 2660 is probably the most reliable engine I ever bought on anything.

Again 2nd hand, but from what I've heard from MF users (and Kubota too) the engine (even the newer ones meeting Tier4) have not been their main problems -- rather the engines have been pretty good and other issues have been more dominant.

My understanding is that the newer series machines (e.g. your 4700 series and also the 4600 series) are made somewhere else -- not Brazil. I doubt/would be shocked if ANY were made in the USA. Almost none are these days. At one point the rumor mill said that these newer series machines were going to be made in Japan like the smaller subcompact Masseys, but then others claimed NO, not true. I am not sure. Others will probably come on here and tell us all.

Might look for country of origin sticker, my GC 1715 made by Iseki (a Japanese company) was assembled in Indonesia...

Dale