Made some big bales this weekend

/ Made some big bales this weekend #21  
HAY DUDE - That looks like a lot of hay in the raked rows in post #18. Very nice pictures. Thanks
Here you can tell it is haying time. Many round bales in the fields and an occasional one beside the highway on a turn.

/ Made some big bales this weekend #22  
I had a guy lined up to bail about 6 acres on my place just to keep me from having to bush hog. He did all around me last week and totally skipped mine... Sad day.

/ Made some big bales this weekend #24  
720 off of 26 acres would be over 20 tons to the acre, we don't even come close to that down here, maybe 6 tons to the acre of alicia coastal bermuda and that would be really good grass. What type of grass is it? Was 720 supposed to be 72 bales? If not I would have never dreamed that there was that much of a difference in hay production by region.
Beat me to it.

/ Made some big bales this weekend
yeah supposed to be 72) 1500lb bales.
not 720 1500lb bales.

720 in my dreams

Here’s 27 of them in a little rain shower

1656470958742.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Made some big bales this weekend #26  
yeah supposed to be 72) 1500lb bales.
not 720 1500lb bales.

720 in my dreams

Here’s 27 of them in a little rain shower

View attachment 752035
LOL, I know what you mean and figured that's what it was, but you never know. What type of grass is that? Down here we will have coastal bermuda several variety's ( Alicia, Jiggs, etc ) Bahia ( Pensacola, Argentine, Tift 85, etc and then native grass like crabgrass, some fields will be clean and of one variety others will have a mix of all , most of the horse people are freaks about anything other than coastal you can't convince them that their horse will eat that roll with a mix of coastal and native grass better than just coastal.

Reeds canary grass mixed with some orchard & timothy.
Horses & cows devour it like candy.

On a YouTube video, the guy was saying that there are only two designs for hay bailers, the Krone and the Massey. Everyone else copies one of those two designs. He was using a Massy round bailer when he was saying this. Do you think he's correct?

I have heard same. Krone’s design looks very similar, but there’s a few subtle differences.
Very complex machines. You get nervous every baling day that the baler will pull through and get the job done.

Raked & baled a smaller field today.

1657844949306.jpeg

1657844484002.jpeg

First time I ever dropped a bale on the corner of another bale. All 6 strings popped.
Big mess and lost a lot of time in cleanup.

Last edited:
I had a guy lined up to bail about 6 acres on my place just to keep me from having to bush hog. He did all around me last week and totally skipped mine... Sad day.
Opportunity knocking?