looking for Yanmar part...

/ looking for Yanmar part... #1  

Big Hammer

Bronze Member
hello

My Yanmar excavator needs a new part! (solonoid) Hoping someone here might be able to help.

The machine is a ViO50, ser # 10825B, 1998 year

The starter solonoid is remotely mounted up near the battery tray. The solonoid is 'married' to some sort of relay; the relay(?) is actually the suspect component. I beleive that if one were to order the solonoid, it would come with the relay.

The relay is approx 2"X3"X1/2" thick. There are 3 wires comeing from the solonoid into the relay. The relay has a 6" long set of wires that plugs into the harness.

On the relay is part # AST1-11 Hitachi

Any suggestions as far as source to purchase?

Many thanks

Mark

Attachments

• IMGP4288.jpg
    IMGP4288.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 2,644
  • IMGP4289.jpg
    IMGP4289.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 3,126
Last edited:
   / looking for Yanmar part...
couple more pic's of the solonoid:

Attachments

• IMGP4292.jpg
    IMGP4292.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 2,953
  • IMGP4293.jpg
    IMGP4293.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 2,079
...Seems like getting parts may be somewhat of a problem for some of us...

I may have a parts source for (all sorts of) Yanmar parts from a direct importer. Will post my results here! May be of great benefit if you need something specific for your Yanmar tractor.

Mark

/ looking for Yanmar part... #4  
Is this a gray market, or a "made for US" machine?

'Thought I wuz buying a US model when I purchased it. Now I am told that it is a gray mkt. model. (Vi050-1)

Not sure what the differences are, but hopefully parts sources are not going to be too much of an issue.

Had I known better, I may not have bought a gray market machine. I paid about the going price for a US model. $15,500 two years ago for a 1998 w/ 3000 hrs. No thumb, has rubber tracks, pretty clean machine.

What is the general consensus here regarding gray market machines?

thanks

Mark

/ looking for Yanmar part... #6  
'Thought I wuz buying a US model when I purchased it. Now I am told that it is a gray mkt. model. (Vi050-1)

Not sure what the differences are, but hopefully parts sources are not going to be too much of an issue.

Had I known better, I may not have bought a gray market machine. I paid about the going price for a US model. $15,500 two years ago for a 1998 w/ 3000 hrs. No thumb, has rubber tracks, pretty clean machine.

What is the general consensus here regarding gray market machines?

thanks

Mark

There is a huge difference in parts support for rare machines with little or no aftermarket parts. Out of about 150 Yanmar Authorized Parts dealers, (can actually get OEM parts from Yanmar), hardly any will sell parts to a gray market user.

So where are the ones that will sell parts for gray market machines?...:mad:

MArk

/ looking for Yanmar part... #8  
I have a Japanese supplier, but before ordering patrts we will need a parts book since Ido not have one for this model. Email me & I'll see if Ican get you one.

...Got the part, came in yesterday. Looks just like the one that went bad. parts are available; just takes patience. Got mine from Dominion.

Thanks for the help, maybe we'll be back in business soon...

Mark

/ looking for Yanmar part... #10  
hello

I'm looking for the same part, were did you manage to get yours from