looking for Yanmar part...

/ looking for Yanmar part...
Dominion is the name of the company... I am not home at the moment to get their contact info... will get back with you later in case you cannot find it yourself.

Mark

/ looking for Yanmar part... #13  
I can supply the AST11-1 relay.

/ looking for Yanmar part... #14  
Can also supply the AST1-11, which is a different relay.

/ looking for Yanmar part... #15  
I also need a AST1-11

Are there any good offer on these relay?

/ looking for Yanmar part... #16  
I have the same ast1-11 relay in our kobeco yanmar powered excavator. I have bypassed it for now but does anyone know what its actually for? Iam assuming its to lock out the starter motor whilst running given there is a pulse input to it from the alternator???

Last edited:
   / looking for Yanmar part...
I’m recalling that it’s a fuel cut-off , but it’s been 14 years since I replaced mine, 🤣👌 and I have a different machine now

/ looking for Yanmar part... #18  
I’m recalling that it’s a fuel cut-off , but it’s been 14 years since I replaced mine, 🤣👌 and I have a different machine now
cheers and appreciate your input even well after this was posted,

I have found some more information supporting what i assumed the purpose of this relay is for and it suggests its to disable cranking whilst engine is running as well which makes sence to me given it has a alternating signal from the alternator.

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/takeuchi-tl150-safety-relay.78743/

According to this from yanmar 4tnv book, relay prevents cranking after starting. (At least that's what I think it says)Screenshot_20190913-231953_Drive.jpg

alternatively or complimentry the yanmar manual states this,

(4) When there is no safety relay
Over-running (when the electric current flows for too long) is a major cause of starting failure. This
burns the armature coil and causes clutch failure. Excessive work and failure of the key switch to
return properly are the main causes of over-running. The user must be given sufficient warning about
this.
Be sure to use the safety relay to prevent over-running. This safety relay is supplied as an option.
Consult Yanmar first when planning to install a safety relay at your own company. In the case of
failure to consult with Yanmar, our warranty will not be applied to all the electrical equipment.

given the hitachi relay is obsolete ( used ones available from breakers at up to 1000 bucks!!) and all modern installations use the NSK (or clone of it available for round 30 bucks ) R11EA i will be looking to substitute it in, have some sumitomo connectors ordered so will see how we go,

Last edited:
   / looking for Yanmar part... #19  
a better explination of the safety relay from a kubota manual

The safety relay operates. When the engine speed reaches the rated speed, the alternator P
and safety relay P are connected.
Therefore, the alternator and safety relay are supplied with electric
current.
The signal from the alternator flows to the safety relay and cuts off
the connection between the safety relay S and the starter motor S,
which causes the pinion to be pulled back and the engine to be pre-
vented from overrunning.

/ looking for Yanmar part... #20  
Replacement relay came, wired as per Yanmar wiring diagram which took very little deviation from the factory kobelco loom. I left the Hitachi solenoid in place and simply used the new NSK safety relay to pick this up, i also removed the Hitachi module from the Solenoid. . First I bench tested and relay came on, then tested after installing by removing feed to the internal relay contact "A" (as a precaution so the starter wouldnt operate whist engine running) after starting and then operating the ignition switch again with engine running. the relay didnt come on as expected and designed as it detected the pulse from the alternator. So i reconnected the 12v feed to the relay and called in done.

All in all pretty happy to have the protection relay back in play.

yanmar.png

relay.jpg

A

Last edited: