loader quick attach

/ loader quick attach #11  
They only seem expensive if you are used to buying only chinesium crapware from amazon and wallymart

support local. buy local. you get what you pay for

/ loader quick attach
Buy local often means buying imported things from a middle man who had the foresight to source them. I find quick attach harnesses to be expensive because they weigh about 50 lbs, all steel, and sell for 1500 dollars. I have a full fabrication shop so I tend to look at material cost when pricing things, in this case way under 100 dollars. Your local welding shop may well be using Chinese steel, so much for buying local. The brackets I asked about would be hard to produce in small runs for 40 dollars each delivered to my door. I see no reason to believe that the factory producing them should be worse than a North American factory in terms of weld quality.

/ loader quick attach #13  
When I bought my Bobcat I discovered that I needed to use many of the attachments on both it and my little Ford 1210 with an Allied FEL. I bought a SSQA adapter plate, cut the pin brackets off the Allied loader bucket and welded them to the plate. Fabbed my own latches, and have been happy ever since.

/ loader quick attach #14  
Been thinking of Converting my Ford TLB to Bob tach but at almost 5K of FEL lift and 8000 lb of breakout force may/will? need to source a heavier duty version of the latch boxes than the 3/8" inexpensive widely available ones.

/ loader quick attach #15  
I bought some like that, but they were about $100 at the time (none were $76 at the time) and i have not welded them on yet but i would say the quality of them is more than adequate for a heavy box of welded metal bits you can get for $76 shipped. In my opinion the price is so low and the item so DIY in nature that it would have to be seriouspy messed up to not be worth $76.

/ loader quick attach
yes I went ahead and ordered a set before getting a lot of feedback here. You can find them for 6oo dollars if you try but I don't have faith they will be better than the cheapest. I will start with making an adaptor for my little mf 135 and see how they work.

/ loader quick attach #17  
I bought off of Amazon last year, just over $200 CAD for the adapter to skid steer quick attach. As said above, cut off ears from stock bucket, etc etc. Challenge with my tractor was the spacing as it's not a big tractor. Still I got it done. Way cheaper then going to the dealer - which I did do - I don't remember now what they wanted but it was a crazy amount.
while I'd happily have "bought local" damned if I could find anything local. The one small shop I've used for the odd thing (got teeth cut for my bucket tooth bar there.) wanted an equally large amount of money...
Anyway, definitely worth doing.

E.

/ loader quick attach #18  
Been thinking of Converting my Ford TLB to Bob tach but at almost 5K of FEL lift and 8000 lb of breakout force may/will? need to source a heavier duty version of the latch boxes than the 3/8" inexpensive widely available ones.

Over thirty years ago wanted Bobtach quick attach for my [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] full-size M5030DT to use a grapple. Went to local Bobcat dealer to make a sketch to make one. Owner said they have old ones or factory warranty yokes from time to time available. Within a week delivered a like new one to the farm shop for free. Cut the outer bearing bosses off the yoke and early [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] QA hooks and holes off the FEL and fit perfect with lots of areas to weld. Much heavier quick attach than found most tractors. Best modifications I ever did. Moved mountains of brush and trees.

My M59 and current M62 have QA and nearly the lift as your Ford. Used to have 4500 Ford backhoe and often wished for added attachments. Thumbs and grapples makes life so much easier.