loader quick attach

/ loader quick attach #1  

rvds

Tractor
mf 135
I don't understand why quick attach adaptors are so expensive to buy. Has anybody built their own?Am I missing something? I recently bought a new grapple bucket meant for a skid steer and would like to use it on my farm tractors. I found these inexpensive parts available to speed the project along at reasonable expense. Has anybody used them? Any reason to buy the more expensive ones rather than the cheapest? Here is a link to the cheapest I have found; 2X Weld On Skid Steer Quick Attach Conversion Adapter Quick Tach Latch Box | eBay

/ loader quick attach #2  
I have used those adapters to make one for an old Allied loader where the factory one was unobtanium because Allied got out of the loader business a while back.
Takes some engineering and if you're using it for a lighter loader you need to take into account the additional weight of the adapter. You also want to minimize the stick out from the loader pin. The farther the load on the bucket/forks/etc. is from the pin the lower your capacity.
So it's a balancing act with weight and strength and stick out.

/ loader quick attach #3  
I don't understand why quick attach adaptors are so expensive to buy. Has anybody built their own?Am I missing something? I recently bought a new grapple bucket meant for a skid steer and would like to use it on my farm tractors. I found these inexpensive parts available to speed the project along at reasonable expense. Has anybody used them? Any reason to buy the more expensive ones rather than the cheapest? Here is a link to the cheapest I have found; 2X Weld On Skid Steer Quick Attach Conversion Adapter Quick Tach Latch Box | eBay
Not that brand exactly,
But a very similar one.

Converted my "fast attach" Bucket, Grapple, and pallet forks to Bob Tach.

The price definitely goes up if it is custom tailored to a specific tractor .

Also jumps up when it needs to be strong enough for 4000lb and up rating.

So far they have held up OK.

Pretty sure some other TBN members have converted their pin on FELs to quick attach.

part of my FEL conversion. ran into a problem with the way the spring mechanism actuated with the set I bought. It liked to jam up originally.

Last edited:
   / loader quick attach #4  
I do them all the time, I cut the pin mounts off the bucket and weld them to the QA latch boxes then weld a quick attach plate to the bucket.
Take your time and get all the measurements correct, you may have to add a stop to the bottom so the bucket doesn't roll too far over, check that on your bucket first.

/ loader quick attach
You use these inexpensive attachments? They seem strong enough? What do you mean by the bucket rolling too far over? My snow bucket has a rounded back that works beautifully causing the snow to roll out in front of the bucket. I was thinking of leaving it as a pin on because welding a plate to it would require a bunch of filler strips. Most farm loader buckets do not curl back far enough to keep things from falling out in my experience.

/ loader quick attach #6  
The OP didn't mention attachments, it said "adapters". My old school JD double pin, non-QA to JD hook & pin ADAPTER was $300. Put it on an 80 loader. Then I got a JD QA bucket, forks, tree puller, posthole digger & snow plow. Some, Deere, some Titan, Some home made. All QA. The adapter kit was a JD part but I bet fits on any loader because the male plates are only joined side to side by a rod with a bolt in it, The JD QA ADAPTERS are cast steel and plenty strong. Plenty of used ATTACHMENTS for it, mostly around $1000 -$!500. You can get a JD Hook & Pin QA to SSQA adapter for skid steer attachments, too. This gets you access to BOTH mounting systems.

All worth the money IMHO.

/ loader quick attach #7  
You use these inexpensive attachments? They seem strong enough? What do you mean by the bucket rolling too far over? My snow bucket has a rounded back that works beautifully causing the snow to roll out in front of the bucket. I was thinking of leaving it as a pin on because welding a plate to it would require a bunch of filler strips. Most farm loader buckets do not curl back far enough to keep things from falling out in my experience.
Yes I use those latch boxes, I have done many tractors for people, never had a problem and I've done some pretty big tractors. If you lift your loader and look at the bottom of the pins on the bucket there is usually a thick piece of steel to stop the bucket from going any further, just have to keep that the same.
Here are a couple of pics:

Attachments

• IMG_20220621_103824126.jpg
    IMG_20220621_103824126.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20220620_130254539.jpg
    IMG_20220620_130254539.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20220411_172031690.jpg
    IMG_20220411_172031690.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20210728_162122071.jpg
    IMG_20210728_162122071.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
   / loader quick attach
Thank you. You mean to stop the bucket from dumping past a certain point? None of my loaders have that. When lifting the front of my tractor I like to dump to the point that the bottom of the bucket is 45 degrees past vertical and the face is planted against the ground. I often use the bucket to roll the tractor forwards or back ward to aid in pinning something at the back because I can operate the loader from the ground. With a bale clamp it is nice to be able to stack bales with the flat sided horizontal so a large arc of operation is essential. I have seen bale spear carriers made using loader pinned brackets attached with Ubolts so that they are ''universal fit''. Are these brackets also available like the ss latches I asked about?

/ loader quick attach #9  
We buy a quick attach that's about 450.00 and put them on all our tractors. I did get a bent twisted [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] one and cut it apart and put a new pipe through it and put on one tractor. I think I have a pic of two of the tractors with it. The one with the orange is Kubota.

Attachments

• IMG_20220904_183127.jpg
    IMG_20220904_183127.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20220904_183043.jpg
    IMG_20220904_183043.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 97
   / loader quick attach #10  
I do them all the time, I cut the pin mounts off the bucket and weld them to the QA latch boxes then weld a quick attach plate to the bucket.
Take your time and get all the measurements correct, you may have to add a stop to the bottom so the bucket doesn't roll too far over, check that on your bucket first.
Yes, put that on your bucket list! Sorry, I just had to do it. :)