Lifting truss with FEL

/ Lifting truss with FEL #21  
Do it. I did it with my little CK20 back in the day. Trusses for my 20x34 carport were all put in place using it. And I was working by myself... CK20 is rated at 1100lbs at the pins so really no different. only thing is make sure you've got a counter-weight on the back depending how heavy your machine is.

E.

/ Lifting truss with FEL #22  
I've seen trusses delivered both ways around here. Set on the ground - set on the building. I have seldom used the Kubota M6040 to lift/set anything - up high. Anytime I start a project that requires lifting something up high - I worry about things. Like adequate counter weight on the 3-point - how level is the ground where I will be lifting - how soft is the ground where I will be lifting.

However you do it - be very careful.

/ Lifting truss with FEL #23  
I’ve never seen it done that way either. I’m not sure how you would go about setting a whole bundle of trusses on the roof either. Dumping the trusses on the ground by a roller trailer and then setting them on the building usually with a telhandler or crane is the only way I’ve seen it done.
Same here.

I'm wondering if there's more going on than meets the eye. For example, the builder coordinating with the truss company and a crane/telehandler for a specific time/date delivery?

Most builders here have their own telehandler with various work platforms, forks, jibs, etc. to use during construction.

But I've never saw the truss builder set there all day while they unload trusses one at a time and set them in place.

There's a local guy here that has a truck mounted crane with various attachments such as grapple/chainsaw. He trims trees primarily. But also has a jib to put on the crane for truss setting. He's called on the larger structures that the telehandlers can't reach.

/ Lifting truss with FEL #25  
Here's a pic of Cully's truck at work. You can see where the truss company unloaded the trusses. Locations determined by the builder.

MAX_0036 (2).JPG

/ Lifting truss with FEL #26  
Silly question, but where i live, when they deliver trusses they set them on top of the structure with the same crane they unload the trusses with. No charge over delivery charge. Then we walk the trusses into place.
When they delivered MY trusses, they just slid them off the back of the semi-trailer to the ground. A good tall jib pole might work (I made one to mount on loader - only needed to put them on top of a 10' wall), but at 17' up it will be hard (especially if you don't have a way to unhook them).

/ Lifting truss with FEL #27  
When they delivered MY trusses, they just slid them off the back of the semi-trailer to the ground. A good tall jib pole might work (I made one to mount on loader - only needed to put them on top of a 10' wall), but at 17' up it will be hard (especially if you don't have a way to unhook them).
I dug thru all of my construction videos hoping I had one of a truss trailer unloading but I do not. First time I saw it I freaked out. Simple process of unchaining the banded truss stack, get in the truck, put it in gear, dump the clutch and abruptly drive away. Pretty amazing how far a stack of trusses will flex without damage. :eek:

/ Lifting truss with FEL #28  
I dug thru all of my construction videos hoping I had one of a truss trailer unloading but I do not. First time I saw it I freaked out. Simple process of unchaining the banded truss stack, get in the truck, put it in gear, dump the clutch and abruptly drive away. Pretty amazing how far a stack of trusses will flex without damage. :eek:
mute your speakers

/ Lifting truss with FEL #29  
mute your speakers

Great video. That trailer is kinder than the ones used here. They don't have the "roll back" feature. They are simply slope decked trailers with roller.

Thanks for posting!!!

/ Lifting truss with FEL #30  
Here's a pic of Cully's truck at work. You can see where the truss company unloaded the trusses. Locations determined by the builder.

View attachment 835085

There’s a local drywall delivery service with a truck like that. They charge a big premium for their work though. I’ve found it to be cheaper to take the free forklift delivery and pay the hanging crew extra to move it inside.