Lienbach

/ Lienbach #11  
Re: Leinbach

I tell you that John Miller is a genius/legend of tractors,right up at the top with Bird,Art White/Muhammad/Glenmac.........All of my heroes!!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Lienbach #12  

Bird,

What is Hillbilly's address, so I can mail the check for those nice things he said about us... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Boy have we got him sure fooled... /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Lienbach #13  

John, I was just wondering how I ever got included with you guys who know both tractors and computers. I still haven't figured out which one I know the least about./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Lienbach
Well Heres an update, Purchased the Lienbach after looking it over next to the woods and bush hog, They all where pretty compareable with the woods being the heaviest, but I figured I would try the lienbach and let me say just one thing, I will never ever use my grader blade to do my driveway again, Yall know what im talking about. I am one satisfied customer, and thank everyone for the info.

I knew John was a magician, who else could pull a cow out of there hat/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

2001 B7500 HST 302 Fel R4 Tires, Befco BRB60
Semper Fidelis

/ Lienbach #15  
<font color=blue> I will never ever use my grader blade to do my driveway again </font color=blue>

I am assuming the reason for this is that you bought a landscape rake and you love it/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. Do you think it "churns up" the gravel enough? I need to "recover" the gravel from the dirt below and lift it to the top again, because I can't afford to add 2" of gravel every year (for 800 ft driveway = $1000/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif). I have a box blade, and I think I need the scarifier teeth to do this. I have never used a rake. Is this a better alternative?

PaulT

/ Lienbach
Paul, I purchased a Lienbach box blade. I am like you and dont like to purchase gravel every year. Now it does have the scarifiers but I didnt need them to break it up. Maybe its beginners luck/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

2001 B7500 HST 302 Fel R4 Tires, Befco BRB60
Semper Fidelis

/ Lienbach #17  

Bird, now you and John and my other super heros have probably forgotten more than the average person knows about tractors and computers!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Lienbach #18  

Hillbilly, you're at least partially right; I've forgotten a lot and gettin' more forgetful every day./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ Lienbach #19  
Like most other companies, some of their product is excellent, some is not. I have sold many of their landscape rakes, they are made better than alot of the name brands are, and sell for much less.

/ Lienbach #20  
Lienbach was the first implement brand I bought, a disk and potato plow. I was very naive at the time. I brought them home and hooked up the disk right away, It worked great but later found out they dont grease the bearings before shipping. Later on, I found another flaw - round gang axles where real disks will use square axles because the bearings, bushings, and the plates themselves will rotate in unison. you have to keep the nut on the round axles very tight in order to get that result and one gang I could not do that because the washer thats welded on to the opposite end from the threads broke off for no reason was rewelded non concentricly by a friend (not blaming him). The angle iron frame is not heavy enough so extra weight is needed, no big deal but after the weight is added stress was put on the inadeqautley sized top link attaching material and I had to reinforce it. After a year I replaced it with a rototiller.

Also due to my inexperience I thought the "potato plow could turn over sod - - not!! it just got bent up. I unbolted the 1/4inch stamped blade and put on a twisted chisel sweep and use it for loosening soil before I hand dig a trench it works well for that. All things said, IMO lienbach is an economy line for occasional light use only and a person would be better off buying used quality stuff IF possible.
BTW these were bought in 1993