Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,401  
Hello Plant 175 Where are you located/in what state or country do you reside?

Happy New Year

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,403  
Hello Plant 175,

You can call Cummings and Bricker in Batavia, NY on Monday to find a Del Morino dealer in or near Wisconsin.

1-585-343- 5411

Happy New Year

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,405  
You are most welcome, Happy New Year.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,406  
Disclaimer - we sell these, we also sell 3 other flail brands. We have only been selling these for a few months. Several have gone into small commercial orchards where guys are putting some serious hours on them mowing and shredding small prunings. So far zero issues in the dozen or so we have sold. We have ordered more of them as it seems clear to us that this will be the go-to mower for many folks.

They are well made, well featured, priced fair. If you want something a little more commercial/industrial than most of the China imports (which have their place no doubt) and significantly heavier duty than the Caroni, etc. this is a great way to go. Not everyone needs a heavy duty hydraulic side-shift mower, but if you do this one should be considered.

Most of what Titan sells they make in Tennessee, but these mowers are actually built in India for Titan.
Neil Messick says they're made in Italy. Is that only certain models?

I think I'm going to drive to the factory and talk to someone.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,407  
Neil Messick says they're made in Italy. Is that only certain models?

I think I'm going to drive to the factory and talk to someone.
No, I don't believe so it is all thier machinery line. Tim from tractor time with tim did a factory tour there and they
had a very long walk through tour show while they were in Italy on vacation.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,408  
LeonZ, thanks for your reply and tips. Sad to hear that the nuts, bolts, and hangers may need replacing. Agri Supply is really proud of all the Caroni parts. Big $$$. By my quick calculation if I were to go all in and replace them all along with 56 blades the total is around $1300. May stew on it a while longer. And call Flailmaster. Thanks again.
Jethro
Revisiting my interest in replacing my Y blades now that Spring has arrived. Here’s some photos of my blades. Most have been reversed in the past by others and a few are fairly new. Due to the cost I’m wondering if I would be disappointed with new blades or would it be a WOW moment? (sorry that they posted sideways)
Thanks

48F38001-9D8F-483F-A6C1-071345A27407.jpeg
17B56B04-7BC4-40AC-A2A7-7CE654F65509.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #7,409  
I see some of your knives have been replaced (nice and square tipped) where others are very worn and rounded. Mine are just like yours mechanically except that mine have a pin with cotter key instead of the bolt holding each clevis in place. Is yours an Alamo ?

So long as it is not vibrating and shaking too badly I would just replace the knives one at a time as they fail or get torn off (or get so badly worn they beg for replacement.) I do not think you would notice any great big change if you replaced all the knives. Obviously it would do a little better, cleaner cut but probably no "Wow." I'd be tempted to cycle through and replace just the very worst worn ones.

Cost ? Hmmm. I have found the knives to be pretty inexpensive at a local JD dealer who provides parts for the WV State Road Alamo flail equipment. They were cheap enough I bought a dozen or so just for spares.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,410  
Those look very similar to the Flailmaster FM7 blades I use on my JD 25A flail. Bought a bunch when FM was closing a couple years ago. I mean like 2 complete sets plus blades for my JD 390 flail. It helps that i drive by FM every day on my wayvto anf from work. The FM7'S were like $1 ea at the time. Definitely check out Flail Master for replacement blades. They may even have bearings. LMK if you need assistance with an order or to pick up parts.

View attachment 740314

Last edited: