KFI plow updates

/ KFI plow updates
I got a new plate installed today. Ya, not much done. I work slow... I decided to replace the 1/2 pin with a 5/8th one which will happen later. In these pics is the original .5 one and the hole it locks into was just to egged out to leave as is..
P1140356.jpg
P1140362.jpg
P1140359.jpg

/ KFI plow updates #12  
Great work!
I really don't know how you get by without a snowblower and a truck to haul it away.
Good Luck!

/ KFI plow updates
Today I drilled out all the lock pin holes to 5/8th* and made a new center HDPE bearing from 1/2 material. Yes, my 3/8 was to thin to allow rotation. On Monday I hope to get to a HW store and get the longer bolts I need. I'll post pics later.

* slightly larger than 5/8

/ KFI plow updates
Great work!
I really don't know how you get by without a snowblower and a truck to haul it away.
Good Luck!
We just push it into the yard, like most people do. We have a blower but the 6x6 is waaaaaay easier to use.

/ KFI plow updates #15  
The paint is hardly scraped off that plow and your alreaty having to modify it..that's a shame.

/ KFI plow updates
The paint is hardly scraped off that plow and your alreaty having to modify it..that's a shame.
Well isn't that the truth. o_O Funny that the Moose plow we sold with our last 6x6 was half the weight and bent when we got it (it was used). I beefed it up and it performed well after 40 hours of work upgrading. This one came out of the box nearly double in weight and all or most of its steel parts thicker. What was lighter was these holes that hold the blade angled or straight. Oh well. The side loads on these are plows is significant. :eek:

Last edited:
   / KFI plow updates #18  
Have one for my Kodiak use down state for over two years now great plows imo, 5' I believe. I see you installed extra trip springs, on previous ATV plows I replaced those little springs with smaller truck plow trip springs. I also weld steel pipe to cutting edge it was a complete game changer plowing unfrozen soft ground for me anyway also bolted a piece of ridgid plastic across top of plow so snow doesn't go over the top of plow as much. If it were me what I'd try and do is weld grade 8 washers where your holes are egging out. Good luck.

Attachments

• 1663163321209.jpg
    1663163321209.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
   / KFI plow updates #19  
I you find a perfect machine in general, or just a snow plow, lets know.... :ROFLMAO:
So you bought a plow for new price and are proud its build bad?

If you where just going to modify it anyway just buy a used one, a truck one or a junk one.

/ KFI plow updates
Have one for my Kodiak use down state for over two years now great plows imo, 5' I believe. I see you installed extra trip springs, on previous ATV plows I replaced those little springs with smaller truck plow trip springs. I also weld steel pipe to cutting edge it was a complete game changer plowing unfrozen soft ground for me anyway also bolted a piece of ridgid plastic across top of plow so snow doesn't go over the top of plow as much. If it were me what I'd try and do is weld grade 8 washers where your holes are egging out. Good luck.
Th egged holes are between two plates so any added thickness needs to be compensated for. I also moved two holes so as to work better with our setup so the washer thing wouldn't work very well. Nonetheless, going to 5/8 lock pins wasn't hard to add and should take care of future wear? :unsure: