Jubilee front tire pressure

/ Jubilee front tire pressure #11  
If you're putting 60psi in those tires don't be surprised to hear an earth shattering Kaboom some day.
30-35 should be more than sufficient.
At 60 you're not only over manufacturers recommended inflation but also more likely to get a puncture.
Most yards I know have something even if it's only a pointy stone.

/ Jubilee front tire pressure #12  
EdGooding - yes, I do have power steering on my M6040 Kubota. On my previous tractor - 1982 Ford 1700 - NO. It could be a real PITA with a bucket full of gravel on the 1700.

The 1700 was a great little tractor for the 27 years I had it. But fighting the steering was a real bummer. Almost 100% of my tractor use - whether the 1700 or the 6040 - was with something in the bucket on the 1700 or gripped with the grapple on the 6040.

I can't imagine grabbing a 3000# rock with the grapple on the 6040 and turning the steering wheel w/out power steering.

I've had the 2009 M6040 for fourteen years. Always run 30psi in the front tires. Never once have I ever rolled a front tire off the rim. Even with the very heaviest load gripped in the grapple. Whether rock or green tree trunk - when the load is 2500# or more - I go into the "knuckle dragging" mode. I leave the load so low - I will leave knuckle drag marks in the dirt.

/ Jubilee front tire pressure #13  
EdGooding - yes, I do have power steering on my M6040 Kubota. On my previous tractor - 1982 Ford 1700 - NO. It could be a real PITA with a bucket full of gravel on the 1700.

The 1700 was a great little tractor for the 27 years I had it. But fighting the steering was a real bummer. Almost 100% of my tractor use - whether the 1700 or the 6040 - was with something in the bucket on the 1700 or gripped with the grapple on the 6040.

I can't imagine grabbing a 3000# rock with the grapple on the 6040 and turning the steering wheel w/out power steering.

I've had the 2009 M6040 for fourteen years. Always run 30psi in the front tires. Never once have I ever rolled a front tire off the rim. Even with the very heaviest load gripped in the grapple. Whether rock or green tree trunk - when the load is 2500# or more - I go into the "knuckle dragging" mode. I leave the load so low - I will leave knuckle drag marks in the dirt.
Yeah, I'm spoiled. I can't imagine an FEL tractor without power steering.

And in regards to carrying heavy loads, if you don't have one back tire off the ground you aren't at capacity yet. :)