R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall?

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #31  
I experienced the same. My manual did not cover the r14. The dealer told me to use the number on the sidewall which I knew was wrong. That’s typically the max allowable pressure not recommended pressure. Found the Titan tire specs that had recommended load vs pressure charts for my tires. So now I set tire pressure based on loader/ballast vs mid mount mower. Noticed much better ride when mowing and front wheels stopped scrubbing the grass in tight turns. Did have to guestimate tractor weight distribution. Here’s the link.

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall?
Thanks for the link…

Gives me a good starting point…

FWIW, these charts are for the Kioti CK10 tire sizes… other sizes are listed in the link above…

F7AAAE32-14BC-44F2-BE37-8B8B7AFCA5FC.jpeg7934BB2E-1C6B-44B9-9AC2-9B482C7622F1.jpeg

Last edited:
   / R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #33  
There are always exceptions. Most times the weight limit and air pressure quoted on the sidewall is the pressure required to get the maximum carrying capacity. Some people always run the pressure quoted on the sidewall. I do so on my Kubota.

My tractor, guessing, weights maybe 3000 - 3300 lbs (with FEL and tire ballast)… extrapolating the charts, if I run max pressure (44 psi) in each tire I could carry a whole ‘nuther CK and still be under the tires weight ratings…

:unsure:

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #35  
My tractor, guessing, weights maybe 3000 - 3300 lbs (with FEL and tire ballast)… extrapolating the charts, if I run max pressure (44 psi) in each tire I could carry a whole ‘nuther CK and still be under the tires weight ratings…

:unsure:
Ummm,,, do you think that tire is only made to go on your CK?

I appreciate that tire manufacturers mark their sidewalls with this information. Another valuable one is "made date".

Use the marked information as a guide to not overload or over pressure your tires. Adjust accordingly.

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #36  

I appreciate that tire manufacturers mark their sidewalls with this information. Another valuable one is "made date".

Use the marked information as a guide to not overload or over pressure your tires. Adjust accordingly.
Definitely read and understand the 4 digit code for manufactured date.

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #37  
Definitely read and understand the 4 digit code for manufactured date.
Especially trailer tires. It's like they have an internal clock!!!! At a certain age, and it's not very long, they self destruct. :)

…a very good point...

I should‘ve stated: I’ll be running these R14’s for the foreseeable future… I’m the epitome of the “weekend warrior”… I Don’t use my tractor on a daily basis, it’s more of a convenience on our property, well, that and way more fun than a shovel or a hand-truck…

Having R1’s on my other tractor I appreciate the smoothness of the 14’s… I’ll probably appreciate them even more when I get their pressure Adjusted correctly…

Your point regarding the manufacture date is probably the most overlooked item in the tire industry… for those who don’t know, the four figure date mark (stamped in an oval on your tire’s sidewall) is the week and year of manufacture… I.e. ”3321” corresponds to the 33rd week of 2021 (or, roughly, August 2021)

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #39  
…a very good point...

I should‘ve stated: I’ll be running these R14’s for the foreseeable future… I’m the epitome of the “weekend warrior”… I Don’t use my tractor on a daily basis, it’s more of a convenience on our property, well, that and way more fun than a shovel or a hand-truck…

Having R1’s on my other tractor I appreciate the smoothness of the 14’s… I’ll probably appreciate them even more when I get their pressure Adjusted correctly…

Your point regarding the manufacture date is probably the most overlooked item in the tire industry… for those who don’t know, the four figure date mark (stamped in an oval on your tire’s sidewall) is the week and year of manufacture… I.e. ”3321” corresponds to the 33rd week of 2021 (or, roughly, August 2021)
And how old is too old for a tractor tire?
Are my 30+ year old tires too old?
Do I risk death if I still run them this winter plowing snow?