Loader John Deere 4100 Hydraulic issues

/ John Deere 4100 Hydraulic issues #1  

flahotrodder

Tractor
massey GC1710
I am in the process of bringing this tractor back to life after sitting for 4 years. Changed all filters and fluids and it runs and drives great. My problem is the front loader and 3 point will not work. I have done all the usual function checks and cleaned the suction screen on the pump. The pto works fine. I am afraid the internal relief valve may be the problem? Any tips or suggestions would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks, Doug

/ John Deere 4100 Hydraulic issues #2  
:welcome: to TBN

Suggest getting some hyd. pressure numbers, and give a shout back.

Were you in this tractors "life" prior to the four years? And if so, how did it function then?

/ John Deere 4100 Hydraulic issues
I have been around this tractor since new. It belonged to a friend. It was parked with everything working as it should and the starter went bad. I will purchase some fittings and check pressures. Thanks for the suggestion.

/ John Deere 4100 Hydraulic issues #4  
just to eliminate problems - What hydraulic fluid did you use?

/ John Deere 4100 Hydraulic issues
Problem solved. When I purchased the tractor the bad starter had been removed. When I installed the new starter I removed the solenoid to gain clearance to install the starter. Apparently the person that removed the old starter removed the suction line for clearance and put the bolts back in finger tight. I discovered this when I found zero pressure on my gauge which led to me diagnosing the pump. Cleaned everything and reinstalled the suction. Everything works as it should now and was not an expensive repair. Thanks to all for their input!

/ John Deere 4100 Hydraulic issues #6  
glad you got it figured out.. Welcome..

brian