Inverted Snow Blower

/ Inverted Snow Blower #91  
I may have to add either a metal mesh shield or some type of plastic maybe Lexan before my blower arrives. last time I priced Lexan though it was pretty pricey.

Nothing like getting pelted in the head with a rock.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #92  
There have been a few times I have accidently blasted my rear window, getting the control lever on the hydraulic chute mixed up. I couldn't imagine using this blower in an open station.

Even with the amount of snow that gets pushed towards the cab with the wind would be enough for me, let alone getting blasted in the back of the head! :oops:

/ Inverted Snow Blower #93  
There have been a few times I have accidently blasted my rear window, getting the control lever on the hydraulic chute mixed up. I couldn't imagine using this blower in an open station.

Even with the amount of snow that gets pushed towards the cab with the wind would be enough for me, let alone getting blasted in the back of the head! :oops:
Indeed, but I grew up blowing snow with a walk behind 50 yrs ago. That said an afyer market cab may be nice.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #94  

Your discharge chute spins 360? Impossible to do on mine. I can dump it in between the machine and the blower to work it out and away from a tight area but it can’t get anywhere near the cab.
If I was you I’d weld a stop block on the rotation to prevent that BS right quick.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #95  
The chute of my Lorenz 310 series PTO snowblower rotates 360 degrees. I clear 3, pea-stone to 1-1/2" stone drives and did not wish to throw any stones back at me. At Lorenz's suggestion I installed two bolts in the appropriate notches of the toothed chute flange to limit the rotation to 270 degrees. The horizontal spur gear on the rear-remote-controlled hydraulic motor rode over the bolts, bent the "L" shaped motor mounting bracket, and continued to rotate the chute. I straightened the bracket and welded gussets to make it more robust. I also installed a crossover relief valve at the motor and adjusted the relief so the hydraulic fluid would bypass when the spur gear encountered the bolts. Works well.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #96  
The chute of my Lorenz 310 series PTO snowblower rotates 360 degrees. I clear 3, pea-stone to 1-1/2" stone drives and did not wish to throw any stones back at me. At Lorenz's suggestion I installed two bolts in the appropriate notches of the toothed chute flange to limit the rotation to 270 degrees. The horizontal spur gear on the rear-remote-controlled hydraulic motor rode over the bolts, bent the "L" shaped motor mounting bracket, and continued to rotate the chute. I straightened the bracket and welded gussets to make it more robust. I also installed a crossover relief valve at the motor and adjusted the relief so the hydraulic fluid would bypass when the spur gear encountered the bolts. Works well.
Interesting,
The WIFO inverted is a motor driven gear type but the driven tooth circumference stops and while you can blow forward at an angle, luckily for me it makes it impossible to point the chute directly forward and get a direct head shot and I have grabbed the wrong lever or pushed it the wrong way a few times.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #97  
   / Inverted Snow Blower #98  
Was there an ‘oh crap’ moment at the KFC drive thru? The chute doesn’t look like it would clear a canopy or awning…
Naw! It was back when you could still walk in and get your food.

I normally have a utility cap on it so I usually never go through it anyways! I had to get that in the USA after crossing the boarder it was early afternoon and boy was I hungry! LOL!

/ Inverted Snow Blower #99  
Was there an ‘oh crap’ moment at the KFC drive thru? The chute doesn’t look like it would clear a canopy or awning…
I had one of those moments tonight with the new WIFO.
Freezing rain on a Pine tree set of low hanging branches caught the Chute and well, the branches finally gave up and slid around it.
No damage to the blower but the chute is about 65 inches tall so something that has to be looked out for.

ps. More good news on the WIFO Inverted. The floor fell out of the snow base after all of the rain we have had. The inverted blower had No problem with the heavy wet snow, still throws it plenty far.