Inverted Snow Blower

/ Inverted Snow Blower #71  
Few years ago I was on a cruise. My guys had a very hard storm. Main guy hits a door laying in the driveway and sucked it it. No idea what a door would be doing in a driveway. 5 driveways later a guy had purchased wood to burn and left a good size piece in the driveway. My guy had to come home and thaw out to get that out and check for damage. I was getting phone calls on a cruise ship. It was my last cruise and I now work by myself. I could write a book about what I have hit and clients always say they thought it was clear. Contract now says damage to my blower in on the client.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #72  
I have to blow out class four road. It’s roughly a half mile or more and has granite rock in it as well as gravel. I keep the feet all the way down but it still picks up rocks in early season. The rocks were beating up my three point and more importantly bouncing off the glass. I decided before busting out a $500 window I should do something.

I had on old bed mat kicking around. I cut it up and have it held in place with cable ties. No more rocks beating up the rear of my tractor or bouncing them off the window.

Once I have a good base down, I cut the ties and remove the mat. I’m usually good all the way to spring.

I hope this might help someone out?

JohnView attachment 773441View attachment 773441
Yeah. Love this idea. I considered using old conveyer belt strips, as I could get 6" conveyer belt for cheap.

How exactly you you keep it connected??

/ Inverted Snow Blower #73  
I don't want to knock the pull blowers, I wouldn't mind having one myself if I could use it. But my little tractor cannot drive through 3 to 6 foot drifts or the 3+ foot banks that the plow leaves at the end of my driveway. Using a pull blower would mean staying up all night to keep up with the snow. If I wanted to do that I could have gotten a beater truck with a plow for a whole lot less than I spent on the tractor. Either I'd have to be up all night during heavy storms or I'd need to have two different blowers to use depending on how much show fell while I was sleeping. Not sure why I keep reading threads like this except for envy of those that don't have to deal with the snow and drifting that I have to deal with.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #74  
I understand what you are saying. Paris can get breezy down there. I get the snow you get the wind. I never see 3-6 foot drifts here or at least not in a long time. The banks at the end of the driveway....yup they could be an issue. When they get hard your tractor is certainly going to struggle. I am the guy that is out all night but again my tractor can do the larger banks if need be. Inverted is not the end all of snow blowers. It works great for some and would suck for others. The flip side of that is a back up blower leaves more by the garage door so you probably pull back with your loader I expect? Easier by the door than by the road though. If you ever wanna go for a ride in a larger setup let me know.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #75  
I wish we got that much snow! I love the snow! I know, I'm weird. My wife prefers the sandy tropical beach with a pina colada in her hand. I want 6 feet of snow, and cold so it wont melt! I could do without the wind.

If I had deep snow, I'd probably have something different than an inverted. Plows are great, but after a while, the road width starts to narrow. Blowing the snow far and away seems like the best laid plan. If I had to deal with 3-6ft drifts, or regular storms that dropped a foot or more in a day, I'd have to have a front mounted blower or a regular blower and drive in reverse. Since I prefer to go forward, probably be a different tractor (one with a front PTO) and a front mounted blower.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #76  
I understand what you are saying. Paris can get breezy down there. I get the snow you get the wind. I never see 3-6 foot drifts here or at least not in a long time. The banks at the end of the driveway....yup they could be an issue. When they get hard your tractor is certainly going to struggle. I am the guy that is out all night but again my tractor can do the larger banks if need be. Inverted is not the end all of snow blowers. It works great for some and would suck for others. The flip side of that is a back up blower leaves more by the garage door so you probably pull back with your loader I expect? Easier by the door than by the road though. If you ever wanna go for a ride in a larger setup let me know.

Actually, I don't have a garage. I keep the tractor in a shed parked with the blower pointed out. But I do have to back blade around cars and some other areas. Paris Hill needs to be experienced for most people to believe it. Snow falls horizontally here 90% of the time. It's usually not about how much snow falls, it's how about much snow the wind dumps in your driveway, and it really depends on which what way your property faces, east facing hilly lots like mine generally get it worse than others. I sometimes feel like every flake of snow that falls end up in my driveway.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #77  
We had a storm last week where we were predicted 3-5" and we got 22". This happens pretty often. We also have many times we are predicted 3-5 and get none like we were 4 days ago.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #78  
In my line of work I do not know which I prefer. The snow I can see. The wind blown drifts I would almost have to drive my route to see who had anything. Some would have none and some would be snowed in.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #79  
I don't want to knock the pull blowers, I wouldn't mind having one myself if I could use it. But my little tractor cannot drive through 3 to 6 foot drifts or the 3+ foot banks that the plow leaves at the end of my driveway. Using a pull blower would mean staying up all night to keep up with the snow. If I wanted to do that I could have gotten a beater truck with a plow for a whole lot less than I spent on the tractor. Either I'd have to be up all night during heavy storms or I'd need to have two different blowers to use depending on how much show fell while I was sleeping. Not sure why I keep reading threads like this except for envy of those that don't have to deal with the snow and drifting that I have to deal with.
An inverted wouldn't be right for a small CUT, or long deep drifts. The banks that a plow leaves at the end of a driveway can easily be handled by your loader, and then you're back to blowing.

/ Inverted Snow Blower #80  
Few years ago I was on a cruise. My guys had a very hard storm. Main guy hits a door laying in the driveway and sucked it it. No idea what a door would be doing in a driveway. 5 driveways later a guy had purchased wood to burn and left a good size piece in the driveway. My guy had to come home and thaw out to get that out and check for damage. I was getting phone calls on a cruise ship. It was my last cruise and I now work by myself. I could write a book about what I have hit and clients always say they thought it was clear. Contract now says damage to my blower in on the client.
Famous last words:

Here, hold my beer

There are no obstacles in my drive/yard