Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans
Hello and welcome to tbn. now to share my experience . I recently had the chance to test drive one of your RK 55 cab and non cab models and was asking the young salesman about the tier 4 and if it used the canisters. He dissapointed me because He didn't even know what i was talking about. So undeterred and chalking it up to him being young and probably being just stuck selling tractors i came home and visited the RK website. There i entered the following questions Does the RK tractors use a canister or do they just burn off so to say, and i asked the DB levels of the RK55 cab as it seemed very loud when i test drove it and revved to rpm speed at 540. I got a reply back in a couple of hours *NOT FROM THE RK GUY** but from a young lady at the store where i had test drove the tractors. She immediately gave me an answer to the canister question, a short simple YES. Now the other question was answered directly also, but what followed makes me have concerns. The answer to the noise question was the DB level inside the cab is 85 DB at idle and will go up under load, she then also states that if it is a hydrostatic model that will produce a whine and cause even more noise in the cab. Then she States the whine is normal and would be present with either an open station or cab tractor. **Here is what gets me though, she then goes on to state that the hydrostatic whine is why she directs potential customers to buy the shuttle shift versions of this tractor because they are easier to drive???:shocked:

That is extremely frustrating. Please let me know either here or via PM which store this was and I will follow up.

The hydro transmissions do have a hydro whine, which is present in all hydros. The cab would trap more of the whine, naturally. We don't sell very many RK55H, which is a open station hydro transmission, there just isn't much call for them. Hydro is easier to drive when you're moving hay or something that you need to move forward and back many times in succession. However, shuttle will put more power to the ground. Some of our customers have mentioned liking operating the shuttle for mowing pastures better because they can move their feet since they put the tractor in gear and just drive. I think it is preference on which you'd rather have. We can certainly make suggestions once we know a little more how you want to use it.

Will there be a cabbed 4x4 tractor with more then 74 HP in the future?

Will there be any stores opening in Texas?

At this time we have no plans to introduce a larger tractor into our line, nor are we moving into Texas. There is a great group of stores there called Atwoods that we're friendly competitors with. Great group of people over there. Stop in and say hi if you haven't!

Where at in Williston?
Guess you have enjoyed the Ivy House for lunch?
David from jax

NW 12th Street.

I haven't eaten at Ivy House. Worth it?

Brian is yet to prove himself. Hoping he does. Expecting he can't.

I hate that we've disappointed you so much in the past that you don't trust us now. I can't fix that, but I do ask that you judge me by my actions and give me the benefit of the doubt. I have been keeping track of this forum around other projects so I may not be able to respond right away, but I do want to check in as often as possible.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #25  
At this time we have no plans to introduce a larger tractor into our line, nor are we moving into Texas. There is a great group of stores there called Atwoods that we're friendly competitors with. Great group of people over there. Stop in and say hi if you haven't!

Thank you. I spend about $200 a week at Atwoods on feed. Great store, great prices and helpful people. Best prices on firearms too, but no tractors.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #26  
I hate that we've disappointed you so much in the past that you don't trust us now. I can't fix that, but I do ask that you judge me by my actions and give me the benefit of the doubt. I have been keeping track of this forum around other projects so I may not be able to respond right away, but I do want to check in as often as possible.

My opinion is solely based on TBN traffic that I've read. I am neither disappointed or impressed. I have read many, many paragraphs of rhetoric. A lot of faith was placed on Doug. Now he's gone. You have entered yourself into this dialog now. My only concern about you is that no one from RK knows you are here. That knowledge comes from your statement here. That's why I suggested that you inform your "leader" of your presence here. To effectively assist the customers here you will need that support.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #27  

It's not necessarily Rural King.
I have never seen a representative of any large company join any InterWeb forum and successfully navigate the typhoon. There aren't enough hours in the day to respond to every complaint and suggestion.
No matter how hard you try, you will never please everyone. The nature of forums brings out the worst in people, and that will overshadow the good.
If an individual get's hammered or trolled, it's just an individual. meh.
But you speak for Rural King - so Rural King is going to get hammered and trolled.
The Green/Orange/Blue/Red guys stay away, for good reason.

I sincerely wish you success!

PS, I can neither complain nor sing RK praises - I don't have a store close enough. A good location would be Zion Crossroads, Virginia, at the intersection of US 15 and I-66.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #28  
Welcome from another RK55 owner. Glad to have you here representing RK.

My experience with RK tractors has been very positive so far, both the Wytheville and Front Royal stores in VA have been absolutely great to work with on both sales and parts.

And I'll second that RK ought to open stores in Texas!

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #29  

Brian,
0vrszd is likely opining that you do not have enough "horsepower" to get the RK tractor job done.
You admit that you are posting here without top executive support.
What you are doing is great for RK tractor support, but by your own admission, it certainly does appear that you may not be high enough on the management chain to make a real difference when/if the going gets tough.
Apparently "Doug" wanted that more "horsepower", and was overridden by those above.

Brian,
0vrszd is likely opining that you do not have enough "horsepower" to get the RK tractor job done.
You admit that you are posting here without top executive support.
What you are doing is great for RK tractor support, but by your own admission, it certainly does appear that you may not be high enough on the management chain to make a real difference when/if the going gets tough.
Apparently "Doug" wanted that more "horsepower", and was overridden by those above.

I'll answer what I can answer, I'll respond when I can, and I'll get our customers the answers they ask for as soon as possible.

I was given the log in account and password details yesterday for the other "official" accounts. My leadership knows what I'm doing and backs me fully. The leadership structure at Rural King is fairly flat. We don't have a lot of levels of bureaucracy to wade through to get stuff done. It's only 2 steps between my rank and the CEO. It allows us to be nimble and react more quickly when things need to happen. Like getting on a forum and answering questions and taking care of customers.

I'd rather just use my own name and not hide behind the anonymity of a generic username.