Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans
Brian, I and many others welcome you aboard and appreciate you chiming in on RK's stance on RK tractors. I think I can speak for most of us here that knowing that someone from corporate level is monitoring this forum gives us a warm and fuzzy feeling. Overall I think most of us RK owners are very happy with our machines. I absolutely love my 37HC and spend as much time as possible playing around on it. I also praise my local store in Lake Wales. I have had nothing but outstanding support from them. Only suggestion I would have is for RK to rent trailers by the hour so we don't have to pay a third party to deliver. I know that RK wants to make a trailer sale but there are some of us that just can't see spending $4k on a trailer that we might only use a couple times. Again, welcome to the forum......Don

I will pass on your kind words to Rick Neale. He is the store manager there. In fact, I just remembered I have a voicemail from him on my phone I need to listen to. I talk to him a few times a week so we can keep our hands on the pulse of Florida. It is considerably different of a market than the midwest where I'm born, raised, and work.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans
Great idea, Don. Even Menards' rents pickup trucks for homeowners to get their bulky purchases home.

I know we've looked at it before. Something held it up, and I want to say insurance and liability issues, but I don't remember what it was. I'm traveling tomorrow with a couple other buyers and I'll pick their brains to see if they remember. One of them was involved with the tractor program last year and one of them has been with the company for 15 years, is my leader, and has been involved with all 3 tractor programs, including this one from the initial concept. He probably remembers.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #13  
Brian,

Welcome to the forum. I would say that your joining has helped with some of the fears and questions that were starting to permeate many of the threads.

I you would like to be relieved of the forum responsibility and RK would be willing to use someone who has the time to do the job, you could hire me to be the guy on this forum ... I live near Gainesville which put me close to the assembly facility in WIlliston.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #14  
Good thing somebody picked up the ball after the Tractor Guy was canned for trying to grab too much power.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #15  
Brian is yet to prove himself. Hoping he does. Expecting he can't.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #16  
Brian is yet to prove himself. Hoping he does. Expecting he can't.
Good thing somebody picked up the ball after the Tractor Guy was canned for trying to grab too much power.
Not sure from where the negativism comes, but I for one am glad to have you here Brian. I think that the marketplace is asking for stability/consistency and that they are saying that the "proof of the pudding is in the taste". In the 20 years i have been on this website, I have yet to see another brand attempt this level of customer and prospect engagement. Please be encouraged, not discouraged!

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #17  
Hello and welcome to tbn. now to share my experience . I recently had the chance to test drive one of your RK 55 cab and non cab models and was asking the young salesman about the tier 4 and if it used the canisters. He dissapointed me because He didn't even know what i was talking about. So undeterred and chalking it up to him being young and probably being just stuck selling tractors i came home and visited the RK website. There i entered the following questions Does the RK tractors use a canister or do they just burn off so to say, and i asked the DB levels of the RK55 cab as it seemed very loud when i test drove it and revved to rpm speed at 540. I got a reply back in a couple of hours *NOT FROM THE RK GUY** but from a young lady at the store where i had test drove the tractors. She immediately gave me an answer to the canister question, a short simple YES. Now the other question was answered directly also, but what followed makes me have concerns. The answer to the noise question was the DB level inside the cab is 85 DB at idle and will go up under load, she then also states that if it is a hydrostatic model that will produce a whine and cause even more noise in the cab. Then she States the whine is normal and would be present with either an open station or cab tractor. **Here is what gets me though, she then goes on to state that the hydrostatic whine is why she directs potential customers to buy the shuttle shift versions of this tractor because they are easier to drive???:shocked:

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #18  
Will there be a cabbed 4x4 tractor with more then 74 HP in the future?

Will there be any stores opening in Texas?

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #19  
Where at in Williston?
Guess you have enjoyed the Ivy House for lunch?
David from jax

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #20  
Hello and welcome to tbn. now to share my experience . I recently had the chance to test drive one of your RK 55 cab and non cab models and was asking the young salesman about the tier 4 and if it used the canisters. He dissapointed me because He didn't even know what i was talking about. So undeterred and chalking it up to him being young and probably being just stuck selling tractors i came home and visited the RK website. There i entered the following questions Does the RK tractors use a canister or do they just burn off so to say, and i asked the DB levels of the RK55 cab as it seemed very loud when i test drove it and revved to rpm speed at 540. I got a reply back in a couple of hours *NOT FROM THE RK GUY** but from a young lady at the store where i had test drove the tractors. She immediately gave me an answer to the canister question, a short simple YES. Now the other question was answered directly also, but what followed makes me have concerns. The answer to the noise question was the DB level inside the cab is 85 DB at idle and will go up under load, she then also states that if it is a hydrostatic model that will produce a whine and cause even more noise in the cab. Then she States the whine is normal and would be present with either an open station or cab tractor. **Here is what gets me though, she then goes on to state that the hydrostatic whine is why she directs potential customers to buy the shuttle shift versions of this tractor because they are easier to drive???:shocked:

Well at least she didn't pull the sales 101 book out on you and try to make a lie into the truth - LOL