Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #311  
Insane! $2000 more after paying CIF AND state tax to import this machine. Still cheaper than buying a used brand name machine, but I don't think now is the time for me. They certainly seem worth the money but the duty of 25% just ruins it for me.

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #312  
I received mine this week. Minus the frustrations dealing with Vanguard Logistics (CFS), it was pretty painless process. Everyone always suggests buying as many attachments as you can, but I figured I didn't "need" some of the other things like a wider bucket or a tilt bucket and now i've already got things i wish I would have bought those for.

Attachments

• mini.jpg
    mini.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 169
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #313  
Nice! Keep us posted how you like it I’m curious to see how these little China diggers hold up overtime.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
I received mine this week.
Congrats. Did your Hightop come with hyd oil cooling and return filtration?

Protect your boom cylinder hoses by flipping the cyl around. Newer units have 30mm boom cylinder pins. Mine are only 25mm.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #315  
Congrats. Did your Hightop come with hyd oil cooling and return filtration?

Protect your boom cylinder hoses by flipping the cyl around. Newer units have 30mm boom cylinder pins. Mine are only 25mm.
Yes, it has the cooling and filtration on it. Feel like i need to add another fan in there to "try" and keep the engine from heating that whole compartment under the seat so much.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
Yes, it has the cooling and filtration on it. Feel like i need to add another fan in there to "try" and keep the engine from heating that whole compartment under the seat so much.
Yes, an electric fan helps a lot. Also, most of the gasoline conversions do not duct the flywheel fan to get outside air, as they do with the diesel. The B&S 2100 engine should have plenty of output to run a fan without discharging the battery. My own Duromax 420 has only one charge coil, so not as good.

Oh, and routing the muffler outside of the house is important, too. It gets hot inside there!

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #317  
Twenty-nine of these just sold at Richie Brothers in Dunnigan CA. Around 5000 + tax and fees. I registered for the auction but missed it somehow. Probably best to miss as I do not need one anymore.

Andy

Link to Auction

1670988495200.png

1670988538850.png

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #318  
A question for owners: do you happen to tow anything with your mini excavator? What could be the towing capacity of these small machines?
My machine has the 2-cylinder diesel EV80 engine, weights around 1.1 metric ton, and thinking about to attach a small trailer behind it, and try to carry some gravel on it. I live on a hillside, so it has some incline too.
Tried find some info on this topic, without luck. Thank you in advance.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #319  
A question for owners: do you happen to tow anything with your mini excavator? What could be the towing capacity of these small machines?
My machine has the 2-cylinder diesel EV80 engine, weights around 1.1 metric ton, and thinking about to attach a small trailer behind it, and try to carry some gravel on it. I live on a hillside, so it has some incline too.
Tried find some info on this topic, without luck. Thank you in advance.

I tow my trailers with my KX-040. I think you could tow a trailer equal to it’s own weight on fairly flat ground. The biggest problem is excavators have weak final drives. They aren’t like other equipment that can put good power to the ground. They barely move themselves.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #320  
Thank you for your response. The Kx-040 is a monster compared to my little machine. As I read here, these chinese machines could have problems with descending on a slope without any extra load, since the motors drive the tracks directly.