Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
Safety devices like boom locks are not expensive. Our tractors use simple mechanical locks to keep the loader booms from falling when the tractor is off. Backhoe attachments rarely have that. They are not automatic.

Local importer Jason has specified a solenoid lockout for the servo-controlled units he has purchased from HeChuang. Servo (pilot-operated) units are not common below about 2 tons, however.

The biggest cost increaser for the small name-brand units is the 3-cyl diesel engine, which is really not necessary. The gasoline engines work fine, and knock $3K or more off the list price.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #332  
Thank you for all the information. I am looking at purchasing a unit at a local auction but it only has the bucket attachment. What are the sources for additional attachments?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #333  
I read this entire thread yesterday.
It reminded me of the big push of Chinese Jinma tractors from late '90's and mid 2000's.
I imported my own Jinma 354LE back in 2005. 35HP, 4wd, also front end loader, back hoe, 3pt wood chipper, and for good measure a 20" chainsaw and also a gas pole saw.
Everything shipped, customs cleared, taxes for $10,000.

I hired a customs broker who took care of everything for me once the crate arrived. Once it got the all clear from customs they just told me to go to this warehouse in Philly and pick it up. Easy as pie.

The Jinma was a hydraulic nightmare. I ended up putting a new Prince loader valve on it. The backhoe never worked properly and I ended up selling it.

I discovered these mini excavators by accident when looking on CraigsList for 2 post lifts. As most know when you search for a 2 post lift or anything on CraigsList you get spam ads for everything else under the sun along with what you are actually looking for. That was when I saw all these ads pop up for these excavators. It reminded me of the Jinma's where everybody and their brother decided they were going to make a killing importing them under all different kinds of names.

My question is who on here has bought what and how has it actually held up in the real world of digging?
OP, has very nice write up and documentation and a big thumbs up for that time and attention to detail.
However that original unit would not have worked out for me and my needs. But now, the Chinese seem to be really getting their act together with these and putting real world upgrades in the newest machines.

What are the sources for additional attachments?
Well, you can buy them directly from China using Alibaba or AliExpress or MadeInChina.com. Or you can buy them from a local person who bought a whole container with lots of implements. If you keep the mini-X size under 2T or so, implements will probably all fit all of the machines. They use 25mm pins.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #335  
Anyone know where I can get a ripper attachment in the U.S. for a mini 1 ton?

I sold my one spare ripper right away. I am surprised that more people importing the minis don't get the ripper. It works great and is quite inexpensive. Consider importing it directly if you can not find one domestically.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #337  
Would anyone be willing to take pictures with a measuring tape so a ripper can be duplicated?

Would anyone be willing to take pictures with a measuring tape so a ripper can be duplicated?
Just match the pin spacings you already have with your bucket. The length of the ripper is not critical, so just match the length (pin-to-tip-of tooth) of
your bucket.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #339  
Seems if you go online to machinery trader or some such site you will see ads for all the different mini-excavators and dealers and one of them will have the ripper in stock.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #340  
Just match the pin spacings you already have with your bucket. The length of the ripper is not critical, so just match the length (pin-to-tip-of tooth) of
your bucket.W

What is thickness of the stock used?