Winches hydraulic winch idea

/ hydraulic winch idea
Putting the winch on the backhoe is an interesting idea too. Part of the idea of putting it on the QA plate was the ease of the hydraulic connections and controls already in place. Now I need to answer the question of the valves being regenerative. Not sure how to determine that. The Warn tech said it would be as simple as plugging into my connections and going to work. The winch is the type that is typically used on a flatbed truck for vehicle recovery.

/ hydraulic winch idea
Ive had a couple Jeeps, both with 9500 lb Warn electric winches. The problem with them is a huge current draw. I would need a much bigger alternator and battery. As it is, I changed to LED lights just so my alternator could keep up at low to mid rpm. The machine came with 8 work lights and it was too much draw.

/ hydraulic winch idea #13  
Putting the winch on the backhoe is an interesting idea too. Part of the idea of putting it on the QA plate was the ease of the hydraulic connections and controls already in place. Now I need to answer the question of the valves being regenerative. Not sure how to determine that. The Warn tech said it would be as simple as plugging into my connections and going to work. The winch is the type that is typically used on a flatbed truck for vehicle recovery.

The kubota dump curl circuit surely has regen. On some models it is the furthermost over position on the spool and some it is the first position. I would use my hydraulic circuit that is already sitting there on the torque tube waiting for a hydraulic connection (see below). But if you don't have that, You could use the lift circuit instead of your curl dump circuit and get a simple diverter valve to swap between lift/lower and winch in and out and get away from the whole regeneration thing because I guarantee there is no regen on the lift/lower circuit of your loader valve. here is a simple electric/hydraulic diverter valve that would work fine. You will need the little electrical connector, for it and 3 sets of quick connects. Straight thru left to right side when the coil is not energized, (this would restore you FEL lift function) and left side to face of the valve is the flow path when the coil es energized with 12 volts DC. This would be your new circuit for the winch motor.

DSCF0527.JPG

/ hydraulic winch idea
kOua, I would be using the factory auxiliary hydrualic connections. They are completely independent from the loader or curl cylinders. The loader joystick has 2 buttons that control those circuits. I use them for operating my grapple. Do you think that would correctly run the winch? Are those valves regenerative?

/ hydraulic winch idea #15  
kOua, I would be using the factory auxiliary hydrualic connections. They are completely independent from the loader or curl cylinders. The loader joystick has 2 buttons that control those circuits. I use them for operating my grapple. Do you think that would correctly run the winch? Are those valves regenerative?

I would bet the farm, and all of its fixtures they are not.

Let me ask you this though, did the Warn winch guy mention anything about needing a motor spool valve or a case drain? if not, I think you are good to go.

/ hydraulic winch idea
He did not mention anything about that. Are you saying the valves dont need to be regenerative?

/ hydraulic winch idea #17  
He did not mention anything about that. Are you saying the valves dont need to be regenerative?

I am saying you don't want a regeneration function in your valve.. and those 3rd function electric/hydraulic valve will not have regenerative function and I believe it would work.

/ hydraulic winch idea
Putting the winch on the grapple would work but my problem is I often grab huge piles of tree tops so Im afraid I may damage the winch in the process. If I mount the winch to the QA plate, I could swap the grapple and winch very quickly.

/ hydraulic winch idea
Ok kOua got it. I was confused about the regen valve issue. If I understand correctly, this should be plug and play but I will talk to the Warn guy again to verify.

/ hydraulic winch idea #20  
Ok kOua got it. I was confused about the regen valve issue. If I understand correctly, this should be plug and play but I will talk to the Warn guy again to verify.

Let us know how you make out, then we will all know.. That way we can help others with greater certainty.