Hydraulic Top Link?

/ Hydraulic Top Link? #41  
In addition to all the above, a hyd. top link is also useful for controlling FEL attachments mounted with an adapter on the 3pt hitch. I find it's quite handy for adjusting the angle on a set of forks. It makes it a snap to lift a pallet, especially on uneven ground.

When moving material, I can put a FEL bucket on the 3pt and back into the pile. In addition to doubling the amount of material I can carry in a single trip, it also makes good rear ballast.

I also double the lift I can get with a 3pt boom.
Wow, that’s awesome, I’ve never seen or heard of anything like that! Do you happen to have any pics or a link?

/ Hydraulic Top Link? #42  
I've had a hydraulic top link on my tractor for 22 years.
I would never have another tractor without it.
I use it on every 3 point implement I have every time I use them.

/ Hydraulic Top Link? #43  
Wow, that’s awesome, I’ve never seen or heard of anything like that! Do you happen to have any pics or a link?

Not the original poster, but I do the same with mine as he described. Here are some photos of the setup. This is a titan 3pt to SSQA adapter I modified so that it can also serve as my trailer mover.

Attachments

• DB815F7C-37B1-4445-903F-8399E60E57CC.jpeg
    DB815F7C-37B1-4445-903F-8399E60E57CC.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
  • 07CF4443-0941-40BE-9076-5A15BB64157B.jpeg
    07CF4443-0941-40BE-9076-5A15BB64157B.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
   / Hydraulic Top Link? #44  
I have the tractor set up for plowing & spreading right now but I'll post pics in the spring.

This adapter lets you use many SSQA FEL implements on a 3pt hitch:

Here's a video of someone using a FEL bucket on a 3pt hitch:

There are also 3pt dirt scoops but it's a different implement. I have an extra FEL bucket laying around so I use it instead.

The only disadvantage to doing this is you can't pile material like you can with a FEL bucket.

Here's a video of someone using a hyd. top link with a boom pole and a bale spear. Skip forward to 12:02:

/ Hydraulic Top Link? #45  
Not the original poster, but I do the same with mine as he described. Here are some photos of the setup. This is a titan 3pt to SSQA adapter I modified so that it can also serve as my trailer mover.
I have the same adapter. I did go 1 step further by modifying it to fit my Quick Hitch. This way my tilt cylinder stays attached to the Quick Hitch all the time except when the Back Hoe is mounted.

That video reminds me of the Westendorf Rear-Ender I had on a Yanmar YM2000 that didn't have a FEL. Not only did it dump (via a chain and idler attached to the draw bar ) you could lock the bucket at a 1/2 dumped or fully dumped position to push or back drag material. Remember one Winter backing up the pile and stacking Snow over 6 feet high.

Attachments

• autodump back-drag.JPG
    autodump back-drag.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 30
  • autodump down.JPG
    autodump down.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 32
  • autodump raised.JPG
    autodump raised.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 31
  • autodump up.JPG
    autodump up.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Top Link? #46  
While I don’t have a quick hitch yet, while modifying it I removed the plate that would have prevented it from being quick hitch compatible. But my plan is to have a speeco quick hitch in my future that can do the same as you.

/ Hydraulic Top Link? #47  
First 2 pics are the frame around the Lower pins clearanced for the legs of the Quick Hitch. Next 2 pics a the "L" formed flat iron that replaced the Titan Top Pin plates. My QH connects at the lower pin and the upper makes a convenient attachment point for a standard Top Link or Chain .

Attachments

• IMG_3942.JPG
    IMG_3942.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3940.JPG
    IMG_3940.JPG
    901.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3939.JPG
    IMG_3939.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3944.JPG
    IMG_3944.JPG