Hitachi Mini Excavator Question

/ Hitachi Mini Excavator Question #1  

Craig K

Tractor
Case 1838
Hey - I've been lurking in the shadows, enjoying the website for a while, but this is my first question posted to the experts!

I have a Hitachi EX35U that I picked up used a while ago and I'm slowly fixing the problems it came with. I'm having some trouble finding some parts for it, but I can find lots of parts for a Hitachi EX35. Does anyone know the difference between the EX35 and the EX35U? It looks like most of the pictures online show the EX35 with an enclosed cab, and the EX35U with an open ROPS. Could that be the only difference?

Any help would be super!

CK

/ Hitachi Mini Excavator Question #2  
Can't help with the specific question.....but I'd start by finding a dealer and getting a parts/service manual. And alot of these machines....even with the same "model" changed stuff along the way and there are serial number breaks.

/ Hitachi Mini Excavator Question #3  
Hey - I've been lurking in the shadows, enjoying the website for a while, but this is my first question posted to the experts!

I have a Hitachi EX35U that I picked up used a while ago and I'm slowly fixing the problems it came with. I'm having some trouble finding some parts for it, but I can find lots of parts for a Hitachi EX35. Does anyone know the difference between the EX35 and the EX35U? It looks like most of the pictures online show the EX35 with an enclosed cab, and the EX35U with an open ROPS. Could that be the only difference?

Any help would be super!

CK
Hitachi builds the Deere excavators and usually the only difference is the engine. In this case, the Deere version uses the Izusu engine.

/ Hitachi Mini Excavator Question
Thanks for the replies - I have the parts, service and workshop manuals. Specifically I am looking for replacement pilot control valves (or repair kits for the valves) I can find the part number in the manual and in the link TractorTech sent, but the part number only shows up on one website: AVSPARE.COM. I would think that a legitimate part number would show up over many online stores. I can find a part number 9101511 that shows up all over the internet, but lists it as a part for the EX35 (Mine is an EX35U). This is the main reason for wanting to know the difference between the two.

I'm tempted to buy the valve listed for the EX35 and see if it works. That's kind of an expensive way to go about it, but maybe the only way.

CK

/ Hitachi Mini Excavator Question #7  
Your Deere or Hitachi parts counter is who to ask.
I've got an older Hitachi ex 60 and I've never waited longer than the next day for any seals or seal kit.

/ Hitachi Mini Excavator Question #8  
Like Rustyiron said, check with the dealer. Chances are, they can find it or the kit may have some parts that will seal it.

/ Hitachi Mini Excavator Question
Thanks for the replies, guys! My local Deere dealer wasn't able to help me out - they are not a Hitachi dealer, so they don't have access to any part numbers. I was hoping that they would have cross reference charts, but no luck. I'm in a fairly small town, so I'll have to head into the big city to look for this part. Nearest dealer that I can find online is two hours away.

CK

/ Hitachi Mini Excavator Question #10  
I heard that there was some type of "split" between them.
I wonder if you're results are the same everywhere?