Grapple (mytractortools.com)

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com) #11  
I was ready to buy the loader buddy with thumb but he said he would not be able ship it until spring.
I agree his fabrication is excellent, I have the pallet folks there are great.
I wanted the grapple but he said he stopped making them.
Is he still making the grapple?
Did he give you a price?

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com)
I was ready to buy the loader buddy with thumb but he said he would not be able ship it until spring.
I agree his fabrication is excellent, I have the pallet folks there are great.
I wanted the grapple but he said he stopped making them.
Is he still making the grapple?
Did he give you a price?
I just talked to him last week Im not sure about his inventory.

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com) #13  
At just 100# for the rock and brush grapple - it's a most interesting implement. My Land Pride grapple is 820# of A400 steel. It allows me to lift - with great care - loads up to 3000#. I seldom lift loads this heavy. If I do - the lift is kept so close to the ground - it leaves knuckle drag marks in the dirt. Most of my lifting is in the 2000# to 2400# range. Large rocks and chunks of pine tree trunk.
IMG_0011.jpeg

At just 100# for the rock and brush grapple - it's a most interesting implement. My Land Pride grapple is 820# of A400 steel. It allows me to lift - with great care - loads up to 3000#. I seldom lift loads this heavy. If I do - the lift is kept so close to the ground - it leaves knuckle drag marks in the dirt. Most of my lifting is in the 2000# to 2400# range. Large rocks and chunks of pine tree trunk.
View attachment 779075
Nice looking setup. Ill be using mine to move brush, logs and lifting the bigger rounds on my splitter. Although moving large rocks would be ideal. I dont think ill have to be doing something like for sometime.

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com) #15  
Totally off subject - BUTT. I had a horizontal splitter and my pines were ginormous. 32" to 38" on the butt and 95' to 115' tall. Rolling rounds UP ONTO the splitter was not just a PITA - it was really hard.

I solved this problem. Dig a shallow ditch with the tractor bucket. Roll the splitter down into the ditch and push it tight against one sidewall of the ditch. Dig the ditch just the right depth and the splitter will be dead level with the surrounding ground. Dig a small side ditch and the wheel - on the "tight" side - fits right into this ditch.

I harvested five full cords of firewood each spring. It took two of my ancient ponderosa pines to get the five plus cords.

Totally off subject - BUTT. I had a horizontal splitter and my pines were ginormous. 32" to 38" on the butt and 95' to 115' tall. Rolling rounds UP ONTO the splitter was not just a PITA - it was really hard.

I solved this problem. Dig a shallow ditch with the tractor bucket. Roll the splitter down into the ditch and push it tight against one sidewall of the ditch. Dig the ditch just the right depth and the splitter will be dead level with the surrounding ground. Dig a small side ditch and the wheel - on the "tight" side - fits right into this ditch.

I harvested five full cords of firewood each spring. It took two of my ancient ponderosa pines to get the five plus cords.
Thats a good idea or even a solid wooden table to pu the the rounds on and slide them onto the splitter. I have 8 acres all woods so I dont have any real good areas to carve out. but i like ur idea

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com) #17  
A grapple would have been a BIG help when we burned wood. Raise that trunk up off the ground and not cut so darn much dirt. In this part of the world everything is still packed with volcanic ash. 1980 - Mt St Helens. I fall a large pine due to Pine Bark beetle - leaves a vapor trail of volcanic ash when it falls. My undisturbed meadows still have a two inch layer of ash - very near the surface.

I've found that a really wide grapple is unnecessary when gathering up brush, limbs, vines, etc. It all kind of gathers up and the grapple holds it all together. My Land Pride grapple is 60" wide. That rock & root grapple from mytractortools would probably serve just as well. At 100# it's sure a heck of a lot lighter.

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com) #18  
And that 100# really keeps the lift capacity on the small BX tractors useful. That 800# does not limit a large tractor's lift. Jon

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com) #19  
100# would be a great help for the BX series. I've lifted some mighty heavy loads - rocks - and haven't roll a tire off the front rim - yet. Fortunately my days of dealing with heavy rocks is over. They have all been moved and/or relocated. Any that remain are fine just where they are, right now.

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com) #20  
View attachment 779075
Sure is green over on the dry side (y)(y). Nice!