Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,331  
I've been fighting with my Windows 10 PC the last few days. I noticed "Photos" and "Calculator" stopped working. Apparently a recent Windows "update" (boy, how I've learned to hate that word...) killed them. I just saw that MS admitted a problem and "are working on a solution". It seems they (as usual) forget that most of their users have "older" hardware, and the update was not backwards compatible. Sigh...

/ Good morning!!!! #185,332  
60°F and .16 inches rain. More in forecast

Successful trip to town yesterday. Lunch at what used to be our favorite Japanese restaurant. Just not the same since sold. Food still basically good, but less for more money. Even changed the plate to make it seem like more. Been eating there over 20 years. Extensive beer and drink menu. We had water as the green tea was now $5 instead of included. Originally no liquor but you could bring own wine.

No major plans for the day, just piddle around as weather allows.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #185,334  
In December our favorite place to eat cup of soup grilled cheese with bacon times two and tea $32.00 tip taxes now $48.00 unreal. Maybe it supports him restored Chevelle SS396, ram truck two performance Jags

/ Good morning!!!! #185,336  
GD played in a HS play yesterday together with her friend. Her friend killed herself yesterday after the performance,
She is devastated
She was very popular
Howard county school system is pretty good so there should be counseling available
She is with some of her class mates supporting each other and with us and kids providing support

/ Good morning!!!! #185,337  
I've been fighting with my Windows 10 PC the last few days. I noticed "Photos" and "Calculator" stopped working. Apparently a recent Windows "update" (boy, how I've learned to hate that word...) killed them. I just saw that MS admitted a problem and "are working on a solution". It seems they (as usual) forget that most of their users have "older" hardware, and the update was not backwards compatible. Sigh...

Perhaps you can reset the PC to a preupdate time?
There is also a way to undo a windows update which is a little deeper but both can be done.
Remember to set/save a backup on a good day often so you have lots of reset options.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,338  
Perhaps you can reset the PC to a preupdate time?
There is also a way to undo a windows update which is a little deeper but both can be done.
Remember to set/save a backup on a good day often so you have lots of reset options.
Tried all that. System Restore took 4 hours, then failed and locked up the thing. Took me another two hours to "undo" stuff and get it "back", to at least functional (w/o Photos or Calc). I put in the older "Live - Photo Viewer" and an aftermarket Calculator, for now.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,339  
GD played in a HS play yesterday together with her friend. Her friend killed herself yesterday after the performance,
She is devastated
She was very popular
Howard county school system is pretty good so there should be counseling available
She is with some of her class mates supporting each other and with us and kids providing support
WOW! So sorry for your/her loss. They shouldn't have to deal with that s***!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,340  
She is devastated
She was very popular
Frits, that is so very sad.
Prayers for all.