Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,701  
68°F and 0 rain

Successfully spent money in town yesterday. So easy to do.

Neighbor came up in afternoon and we spent another couple hours on Scag. Fuel solenoid not working. Carburetor bowl caked with rust. Cleaning it out revealed 3 holes. New carb on order, but not expected until Feb 13th. Both baffled that engine doesn’t kick with shot of starting fluid. I’ll take the opportunity to clean the fuel system, replace the fuel lines, possibly add a separator filter.

Need to do some piddling around today. We host H&F this afternoon.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #184,704  
Afternoon, currently 69°

When I go to my mom's this weekend, I will be buying a washing machine also..
Her GE is 33 years old and parts are no longer available..We had looked at speed queen about a month ago when we replaced her stove, it was 33 years old also, along with the rest of her appliances.. So we will also be buying a speed queen..

Hope everyone has a great day...

Mark

/ Good morning!!!! #184,707  
We have had SpeedQueen here for quite a while, and would say they are worth the $$.
I asked a friend in the appliance repair business what he sees the least of. He told me that it was SpeedQueen hands down, went as far as to say that he would have to find a new line of work if everybody had one.

Watch a fairly lengthy video a couple of months ago where an appliance guy/tech/business owner commented on what to buy and what to avoid, based on functionality, reliablability, ease of repair, etc.

Some of the other brands had some decent models but also had ones to definitely avoid.

Seemed pretty well researched - including relative numbers on google searches for repairs by brand.

One part of it, near the end was a survey he did of other appliance techs on their takes on the most reliable brands.

Speed Queen was the hands down winner ... with over 95% (?) of the techs rating them as the most reliable.

At least around here, they are only available from the old school appliance dealers, no big box stores.

I think that's pretty much true all over.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,708  
Rswyan we have speed queens the real ticket they are 10 years still going strong.

Bup,

I have no complaints with the two washers we now have here.

A circa 1990 KitchenAid and the Whirlpool bought in 2006.

In fact, they are largely similar - both direct-drive units made by Whirlpool - sharing a lot of parts in common (same part numbers)

The KitchenAid was replaced in 2006 with the Whirlpool because it was getting old and had started to leak. Never got around to tearing it apart, might be a simple fix. It's sitting downstairs now on the concrete (next to the floor drain ... ;) ) ... have used it to wash really dirty stuff The Woman doesn't want in Her washer.

On the 2006 Whirlpool, the "tub support" - a triangular plate with a tube coming up from it that the outer tub sits on - was pretty badly rusted in spots and it was "No Longer Available" ... ;)

Didn't find that out until I had it completely torn down.

(Against my better judgement I went ahead and ordered the parts that were need for the Whirlpool before I had it torn down all the way ... because someone was "pushing" ... :rolleyes:)

That the support was bad was really very unfortunate, because the outer tub (which holds the water) seals to that tube via a rubber ring. The old rubber seal itself was very deteriorated, with the portion inside the outer tub crumbling as I removed it. Interestingly though, it was not leaking at that location.

Had that tub support part been available, I probably would have just gone ahead and replaced it and repaired the Whirlpool.

I did a small repair on the Whirlpool back in 2019 (drain hose and lid switch, $70) ... other than that nothing has been done to it.

At this point I need to clean up the outer tub support and fit the new seal on the outer tub and then slide on that tube and see where it rides and whether or not it will seal. When I get a roundtuit.

If it looks like it will, then I'll go ahead and treat the part to kill the rust.

Probably stick it downstairs as spare ... or maybe find it a good home and sell it.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,709  
Agreed popG any pictures of Zoe in snow

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,710  
Good Afternoon Guys ,
Ted, as promised! A little cloudy but comfy on the beach listening to the waves with a good book !

Attachments

• IMG_8492.jpeg
    IMG_8492.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8493.jpeg
    IMG_8493.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39