Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,691  
Mostly, latest was in an old dash camera. First dash camera i ever bought, and it might still work. I have at least 2 dead ones. The problem is the batteries die, and the units are glued shut where you can't replace them. One of the things you don't think about when you buy them.

53 deg and froggy out. Gotta go out in the fog and get a hair cut soon. will grab lunch while out.
Dentist found a couple small cavities under existing fillings (how does that happen?), so scheduled that for next month.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,692  
53F, very moist with fog @ 10:30, was only calling for a high of 51F for the day ... so we've bested that. Dense fog advisory has been extended.

Woman lost her next older brother a week ago this past Monday after a long decline. Pulmonary fibrosis got him, just like her oldest brother. Runs in the family apparently, both good men. Woman is the only one left now out of her immediate family.

Missy Cat - Mister's sister - is on her last legs, continues to whither away to a bag of bones ... but keeps holding on. Not much in the way of complaining other than an very occasional loud moan. She's been on the decline for probably about a year. She's around 18 or so and has had a pretty good run of it.

Completed another trip around the Sun a couple weeks ago. Thankful for every day I'm above ground and drawing a breath.

Ran into an issue with the washer repair, ultimately it might be resolvable - but not in any kind of time-frame that we can live with for our immediate needs.

Was looking at just going ahead and getting a (cheaper) new Whirlpool and then talked to a couple of friends that had recently replaced their washers with newer ones (agitator-less) and both commented that they weren't happy. Finally, I read the reviews the reviews on the specific one we were looking at getting and (most importantly) got The Woman to read them. No sale.

Ultimately was able to convince The Woman that going with an old-style Speed Queen TC5 was the way to go.

She really did not want to go this route due to the cost and was looking to go cheap(er) with something that would "just get us by for a few years" ... since we are both "getting old" ... ;)

I think it will be a good move - should be reliable for as long as we are still washing clothes.

So we headed down yesterday to the local appliance place and paid for it and had them set one aside for us.

And looked at new dishwashers and refrigerators while we were there !

The refrigerator is probably 25+ years old ... so it's not a matter of "if" but "when" at this point ... with the "when" likely being more sooner than later. Gotta figure a newer unit will probably be a good bit more energy-efficient as well.

Once we run over to the BMV here in a bit and renew the tag for the van, I'll put the sticker on and run on down and pick the washer up and get it brought inside and installed before the rains move in later this afternoon.

Presciptions are ready so need to run by and pick those up ... but it's in the other direction ... so might not happen until tomorrow or Monday.

Hope everyone is having a decent Thursday !

/ Good morning!!!! #184,694  
Good morning! Low of 30°, heading up to 46°. Partly to mostly cloudy, chances are good for some precip this afternoon and overnight. Rain changing to snow should make a nice mess......

Rip, sorry to hear about the toe. And sorry to hear about such a big mess to deal with.

Scott, we expect beach pictures shortly! Enjoy the time!

RS, when we have to replace our W/D, it will probably be a Speed Queen. Pricey, but worth a lot more than the disposable "new" ones.

Didn't do anything yesterday, well, I did refill the bird feeders. I probably won't do anything again today. At least I didn't get into any trouble.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,696  
Rswyan we have speed queens the real ticket they are 10 years still going strong. In 2007 put on 50 year roof I’ll be gone when it wears out. Redid kitchen in 2013 new appliances refrigerator, old oven, old cooktop, old dishwasher my mistake all replaced my fault all new now all same company brand nice stuff. Induction cook top almost as fast as gas. I do not like to replace house hold stuff buy for longevity therefore try to buy the best. Master bathroom redone a couple of years ago big improvement both were completely gutted. Master bathroom three windows in shower very airy if door open can see thru bedroom thru glass doors outside a double view very cool. Interesting that both cost the same but we are happy wife in particular

/ Good morning!!!! #184,698  
Drew if you figure out life expectancy say 15 years and appliance cost $5000 net cost to you per year is $334 per year refrigerator 20 to 25 $13000 $5 to 600 per year. Just figures and facts better return than car

Rswyan prayers for your wife you and her loss. I’m very sorry

/ Good morning!!!! #184,699  
We have had SpeedQueen here for quite a while, and would say they are worth the $$.
I asked a friend in the appliance repair business what he sees the least of. He told me that it was SpeedQueen hands down, went as far as to say that he would have to find a new line of work if everybody had one.
At least around here, they are only available from the old school appliance dealers, no big box stores.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,700  
Good Morning!!!! 56F @ 9:30AM. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 64F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.

Good to learn you've fully recovered from your second knee replacement, Don. Once your shoulder is done, we're going to have to start calling you "The Bionic Man"!

When I first saw the washer that the PO left behind, and saw it had no agitator, I thought it was broken. Nope. I can't tell if it make a difference in how it cleans the clothes, but I prefer the front loaders I have up north. I'd swap them around, but that would involve tearing the dryers apart to rejet them for propane/natural gas. Dishwasher and range here aren't anything to write home about, and the DW is making ominous noises. I've already had to touch up a lot of rust spots on the racks. Too bad Speed Queen doesn't make one.

Just about finished unpacking the last load yesterday. About three dozen small moving boxes, a few larger boxes, and two sets of shelves. Got those set up yesterday in what I'm calling the hobby room. Filled them with reloading tools and supplies I haven't seen in almost 14 years, and am going to enjoy using them again.

Going to try to figure out the coax cabling today, not sure what else I'll get into.

Hang in there, Friday's comin'...