Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,771  
Drew, that coachman looks like it would be comfortable. Are they hard to drive? The few rvs I have looked at look like the roofs are designed to fail.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #162,772  
I won't do anything until someone competent crawls under it and inspects brakes, air bags, front end, etc etc.
Mostly looking for leaks. If any leaks, then it has to go to a shop for mechanical inspection.
Biggest issue is it has sat for too long. He put two new tires on it but other four are old, plenty of tread but perhaps ten years old.
I would not drive on them for sure.

the three years I sold yachts in Ft Lauderdale, I sold 53 boats. Not the big stuff, so frankly didn't make much money.
My boss kept yelling at me for being too honest... 51 of them required sea trials. About 30 of them also involved a mechanic being onboard,
for a written engine/trans inspection. Done on diesels, not gas engines. So my assumption from experience is to assume nothing works and get every system to prove itself.
If he hasn't had water in the system for a year, pressurizing the system could be a leaky affair. But that stuff I can fix. I do see the rv uses PEX plumbing.
Not sure if it has a washer/dryer. It's plumbed for it. Those combo units are terrible, would much rather have stacked units but you have to go up to the next size
rig to have the room. The combo washer/dryer units are complicated and not very reliable. And expensive.

I also know to ask for a "cold start". With a friend out back looking at the exhaust.

Bill. These rv's are like boats, seems to be an exception for them. As far as I know, no licensing at all. Not hauling freight. No hazardous cargo.
Just a little home on wheels. Having driven fire trucks and a semi one summer in college, plus having had smaller ones before, well aware
these things don't stop very quickly. As with any heavy truck, always looking and thinking far ahead. I would normally stay at campsites labeled big rig and pull through sites.

My BIL knows all the local truck places. I'm going to lean on him for mechanical oversight.
maybe buy a Gale Banks kit and get his kids to install it. They are real motorheads, service their own heavy equipment.
But I surely get ahead of myself.
I would if seriously considering buying it after initial inspections take it to a Freightliner dealer (that repair these on a regular basis) and pay for an inspection

/ Good morning!!!! #162,773  
Good Morning!!!! 53F @ 5:00AM. Light rain this morning. Then remaining mainly cloudy. High 63F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Locally heavy rainfall possible.
Light rain, heavy rain, make up your mind!😳🤪
Still way more rain than sun in the 10-day. Some is good, but more is not necessarily better.

That's a lot to keep track of going down the road, Drew. Gotta be pretty thirsty, too. Might not be the bargain it should be.

Paper work yesterday, and started a round of tech support to try to get the security cam video recorder working. Try this, try that isn't making much progress, especially since it's via email.

Rain and mist all day, the kind of weather that goes right through you. At least the heater is still going.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,774  
Ron, you're the best, I need a non commercial special class B license. Ok, really good to know. I'm sure not everyone obeys this but I will.
Chris, what a great question. Frankly they are very strange to drive, at first, you have almost zero steering feel, you float on air springs all while listening to
the constant background jingle of everything you have stored in cabinets rattling around. One would have to be really ocd to get all that noise out, stuff towels in every cabinet,
etc. I've tried that...but now I wear noise cancelling headphones while driving so who cares. I won't hear any of it.
And of course you sit out front, with a whole new turning radius to learn. How wide do I turn? When in doubt, wider...
Chris, there is a whole industry of products made for rv roofs, because yes they all fail if you aren't careful to keep them well caulked.

I have owned a Jayco travel trailer that looks like a stiff wind would blow it apart. Everything was thin and lightweight, much of it put together with a staple gun.
Larger diesel pushers are built a little sturdier. How much so remains to be seen. I've never owned one.
This is built on a normal Freightliner commercial chassis. The kind that goes 500k miles easily. This rig has 61k miles on it. On a big rig, that would be barely broken in.
The question is what maintenance has been done, and when. Since the rig is this old, I have to assume nothing was done, and plan to do a comprehensive service.
It's another 5-7k I'm sure to start. But the price allows that. Most of these cost 20k more than he is asking. He just wants to get rid of it, and his wife is on his case.
Perfect. The interior being spotless is a good start. I want to see that engine compartment. Want to make sure tanks are heated, etc.

one of the reasons this age motorhome got cheaper quickly was because they went to one piece windshields a few years later. doesn't bother me.

Frits, there are a number of heavy truck places not far off down on Rt 1 in Langhorne area, pretty sure we will find a leak, or something, would be amazed if I didn't...,
and I will schedule that inspection. That will also then confirm recommissioning cost. Really need to get this out on Rt 95 and get engine hot. No hills to climb around here...

/ Good morning!!!! #162,777  
Good morning all,
The day is starting off cloudy, with some fog presently 52F after overnight low of 45. Forecast to be cloudy all day with a high of 57. Light rain to start late this afternoon, with a narrow band of heavy rain coming thru overnight.

Still searching for paperwork.

Most all Christmas lights down and put away, except I forgot about the ones on the boat. Will take care of that today.

Plan on taking down one last tree before shop work starts next week. Hope to get it down and cut up before the rain arrives late this afternoon.

Have a good day and be safe out there.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,778  
Good morning! 49˚F heading to 60, lots of sun no rain with this norther that blew in last night. North wind up to 20mph.

Yesterday, in shorts (82˚), mowed the brown grass from a height of level 5 to a level 3 in the back yard. The EGO mower went through 3 batteries, the dead grass sucks up the energy. Might get the front yard today. They are also asking for a tractor driver at the garden for a few task, can't pass that up.

Drew does this meet your criteria:

/ Good morning!!!! #162,779  
good morning, 39 going to 52 with rain in the forecast for tonight.

Yesterday we went to town for prescription refill and spent some time on printing out tax documents. Some of these web sites are frustrating to work, resetting passwords, freezes, locked out, poor phone help etc. The old days of getting it in the mail I guess are gone. Maybe I am the only one struggling?

Mostly the tower is in Copenhagen. See below for a few details about it

The Round Tower is a 17th-century tower in Copenhagen, Denmark, one of the many architectural projects of Christian IV of Denmark. Built as an astronomical observatory, it is noted for its equestrian staircase, a 7.5-turn helical corridor leading to the platform at the top, and its views over Copenhagen.

Concerning RVs and licensing it was interesting when we went across the US in a motorhome towing a van that was also towing a trailer. It was a wagon train for sure. Drive through spaces becomes very important. Forget about backing up.

Ken, hope you figure out what is going on with your knee.
My knee problem is managed at best for now
Have a great day all

/ Good morning!!!! #162,780  
rv rental place called back, nice chat, renting a 26 foot Class C to Florida and back, minimum five grand. plus tolls, fuel, site fees.
So at least six thousand.
Amtrak wins
am pretty sure Campers World has cheaper rentals but not close to me.

Jim, do you have any pics of boat lit up with xmas lights?

Don. wow and they have covered rv sites too, like covered slips for boats. Very, very nice.
when one heads West, and to Florida, some of the upmarket and striving upmarket places restrict motorhome age to ten years old.
Or you must send pics first. I understand why, you don't want the gypsies in, but this motorhome is a bit dated. Can only wonder what the finish is like.
He may have it under cover because it leaks, not because he wants shiny paint...

Fritz, agreed, navigate twice, drive once. I'm a terrible backer upper.