Glow plug question

/ Glow plug question #1  

CDR

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM 273
Used info from this forum to determine what glow plug were needed for my 273. I got 3 Champion CH-144s. They appear to be twice as long as the originals and have an extended tip compared to the old ones. Just want to make sure they are correct and won't be extending down into the cylinder and hitting a piston.

Thanks.

/ Glow plug question
Here is a picture of the one that is in my tractor and the Champion Ch-144. As yo can see they are not even close and the 144 won't even fit down in the hole.
The only marking on my glow plug are 10.5 v 3A 09 and what may be some oriental symbol.

Any help trying to figure out what glow plug I need would be greatly appreciated. P9210001_02.JPG

/ Glow plug question #3  
I don't know what you need - but what you got is wrong.

Can you post a link to where, on here, you got the erroneous information pls?

/ Glow plug question #4  
That will not work in your engine. Bring it back they messed up big time. I think that has the S3L2 Mitsubishi 80.4 cubic inch (1318 cc ) engine. Give them that info and they should be able to cross reference the glow plug info. IMG_1409.JPG

Here is a set of 3 for sale on eBay.

Last edited:
   / Glow plug question
I already sent them back this afternoon. I found the info by searching the TYM forums for glow plugs.
I did a lot of searching online today and think I found the NGK number 6325 Y-103K. They are under $5 a piece on a site I found and under $4 to ship. I am going to try calling the 800 number tomorrow and confirm.
I think there may be a difference from early to late engines mine is a 2008 or 2009. I have a Mitsubishi S3L manual somewhere I want to get out and see what it shows.

Thanks for the replies.

/ Glow plug question
Well I finally tracked down some NGK glow plugs after a few more hours of internet searching. #6528 Y-114T. Installed today and they work fine. I did note the overall plug is longer but the tip and shoulder where it seats in the head are the same as the old ones. Unless you change all three you may not be able to get the connecting bar back on. I got mine through Carquest for less than $7 bucks a piece.