GFCI Wiring Issue

/ GFCI Wiring Issue #11  
I've always used another GFI for each location as I've found it to be a pain in the butt to go search out the problem when an receptacle doesn't work.

This.

I get it's economical to GFI protect down stream outlets with one. However, it adds an additional layer of head scratching down the road if people get creative with putting switches, receptacles and lights on GFI circuits.

I avoid all that by just putting GFI outlets on the receptacles I want GFI on.

/ GFCI Wiring Issue #12  
Please don't.
The reason for the spacing of receptacles in the NEC is to eliminate extension cords in residential applications. Extension cords at one time where a fair percentage of the cause of fires and people getting shocked.

Just cut the ends off the extension cord and wire it in

/ GFCI Wiring Issue #13  
I think the wiring is already there. He just needs to move the lamp wire from the 'LOAD' terminals to the 'LINE' terminals.
Patrick

/ GFCI Wiring Issue #15  
I've always used another GFI for each location as I've found it to be a pain in the butt to go search out the problem when an receptacle doesn't work.

It should be against electric code to use a GFI inline with circuits that aren’t in sight of each other.

/ GFCI Wiring Issue #16  
   / GFCI Wiring Issue #18  
Get a longer extension cord and run it to the neighbors house

Be a lot easier to just pull out the meter and hook some jumper cables across the terminals. Or hammer the ends of some copper tube flat and stick that in for a nicer appearance.

/ GFCI Wiring Issue #19  
Good info that I cannot add much to.

Do like mentioned and pull the GFI out of the walls. Move the Load wires to the Line side. If there are more than one set already on the load side....then you need to figure out what one is for the light and only move it.

And as mentioned.....any other outlets that need GFI protection that this outlet was previously doing...will need addressed.

I'd personally start by tripping the GFI, then seeing what/if anything else goes out besides just the light and GFI.

/ GFCI Wiring Issue #20  
Actually, while i never have lights and outlets on same circuit in bathrooms, ive never seen a code against it.

unless its a city or local code.

the NEC allows a gfci to be used anywheres within the same room.