Fueling tractor

/ Fueling tractor #91  
What you guys find to be the better way of fuel transfer to get away from lifting 5 gal jugs to fill tractor
Don’t use enough for 50 gal drum with pump
I bought a 100Gal tank on a tower and feed by gravity. When I need more fuel I go with a 200 plastic tank and go to the bulk station (red diesel), get me 100 gallons and transfer to the gravity 100 gal tank that is mounted on a tower...for this I use an electric (battery) pump from Tractor Supply ...I don't use that much diesel so I only have to fill tank every year or year and a 1/2...

/ Fueling tractor #92  
What you guys find to be the better way of fuel transfer to get away from lifting 5 gal jugs to fill tractor
Don’t use enough for 50 gal drum with pump
I use a 15 gallon EmilCaddy. Often I fill the tractor next to the truck so that I don’t have to lift the tank out of the truck full.

Attachments

• B452AA03-2A93-4C6E-9115-5BCC3B7AFFB7.jpeg
    B452AA03-2A93-4C6E-9115-5BCC3B7AFFB7.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 109
   / Fueling tractor #93  
   / Fueling tractor #95  
This is what I use. I also purchased the "Ideaworks JB5684 JB4840 Battery Operated Liquid Transfer Pump, red, blue, black" but even though it is less then $20. I don't like it.

/ Fueling tractor #96  
I didn't read the entire thread, but this is what I bought since I have the 15gal versions of that jug pictured

Fuel Pump.JPG

/ Fueling tractor #97  
I did 5 gallon cans for a while - really a pain and the wife doesn't appreciate my #2 diesel cologne.

So, I got a 100 gallon transfer tank with a 12v pump off of craigslist. Put it on a skid of 2x8's and would lift it in and out of the truck with pallet forks. Then one day I had it good and full and it developed a crack. Decided those things don't like being moved, so I arranged fuel deliver. Then, last year, they said 150 gallon minimum delivery.

So, that got finished up and sleepy joe makes me wonder what is going to happen, so I picked up a cheap, used 500 gallon overhead gravity feed (and I was tired of having to go get the 12v garden battery from the charger all the time when I needed to fuel).

I put the 100 gallon tank in the truck - went down and filled it and pumped it into the tank (didn't want to do a full delivery till I tested the new setup for leaks). Well, turns out that, with only 80 gallons in it, it wouldn't gravity flow through a filter to my tractor fuelling (up on hood - mx5800).

So, I picked up a 115v pump and built a skid for the tank and took it off the stand (after emptying back to the transfer tank). Besides, I wanted to continue to use an auto-shutoff which you cannot do with gravity flow.

So, those are my experiences and evolution. Most of this saga is to warn of my learning experiences - particularly on moving a transfer tank and the requirements of gravity flow.

I had purchased off-road diesel, but will be getting clear in the 500 so I can use it in my truck as well (keep it fresh and convenient and buy when prices dip)
Thats me but 1000 gallon and my fuel supplier fill is when I call.

Fuels my standby Diesel genset too. 30 KW Generac with a turbo JD diesel.

Diesel will never go down until we get a new President with a brain...lol

/ Fueling tractor #98  
I use the same kind of cheap siphon/pump that fruitcakesa posted. It was all I could find at the time, but it has worked well for a couple of years - one or two D-cell batteries iirc. I balance the jug on the quick hitch to start, then raise it higher as it empties. It's pretty much a siphon by the end, and very easy. I'm 77 now, alas.

/ Fueling tractor #99  
Interesting item from Wish. My wife buys a lot of stuff from them, but sometimes shipping is a bit slow.

Attachments

• wishfreight.jpg
    wishfreight.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 106
   / Fueling tractor #100  
YES, great pump, have used one for 3 years now and love it.
Actually bought a spare just in case but all signs are I'll never need it.
I even set up an Anderson connector on my CUT for fast easy connecting.
For my fuel hose I used 5/8" radiator hose** and 1/2" copper fittings to DIY a nozzle of sorts*

*nozzle is merely a short length 1/2" copper + 90 +.another short bit. This frees me from holding while pumping but mainly directs the flow downwards.
** rad hose as it is designed for oily environments and wont stiffen from fuel or/and cold.
Get silicone hose if U can.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Transmission (A33041)
Transmission (A33041)
17003 (A32932)
17003 (A32932)
Hesston 5800 Round Baler (A33041)
Hesston 5800 Round...
2006 International 4400 Single Axle Day Cab Truck (A33544)
2006 International...
2000 Pierce Model Tilt Cab Pumper Fire Truck (A32932)
2000 Pierce Model...
2008 Chevrolet Silverado Pickup Truck (A33544)
2008 Chevrolet...