First 2520 Mods

/ First 2520 Mods #1  

PCABE5

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4066R Cab and loader
Besides the seat, I found two mods to do today. I relocated the "thermos" which might look like it is in the way for seeing implements behind you but it does not affect my visibility. Now to figure out what I want to use it for as I keep the manuals in the shop, not the tractor.

Next I noticed the battery has a drain tube for battery acid which I did not like so I took one of the wifes old olive jars and made a catch for any acid. The bottom and bottom edge are wrapped with a stick on rubber in case of vibration/rubbing.

I also took Kenny's idea and made the lock out kit the stop for the deck height. Just in case the draft control stop moves the deck cannot go any lower. I did notice overnight the deck will lower itself so the 3pt must bleed down a little overnight.

Attachments

• Thermos.jpg
    Thermos.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 626
  • Battery Catch.jpg
    Battery Catch.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 587
   / First 2520 Mods #3  
Any pictures of your lock-up kit you made?

/ First 2520 Mods
Any pictures of your lock-up kit you made?

No pics as it is the JD kit, I just used your idea to use it to set deck height. I might look at some sort of quick adapter so that I can set deck height and quickly change to full lock-up without having to rethread the turnbuckle everytime. If I come up with something I'll post it on here.

Edward the "bullet box" makes a great tool box.

/ First 2520 Mods #5  
No pics as it is the JD kit, I just used your idea to use it to set deck height. I might look at some sort of quick adapter so that I can set deck height and quickly change to full lock-up without having to rethread the turnbuckle everytime. If I come up with something I'll post it on here.

Edward the "bullet box" makes a great tool box.

AAHH thanks, I mis-read your post and thought you made your own kit...

/ First 2520 Mods #6  
I thought 3pt's were never suppose to bleed down? This is the number one reason I see people avoiding the independent lift kit for the deck, it bleeds down while your mowing and before you know it, your scalping!

/ First 2520 Mods
JDTank said:
I thought 3pt's were never suppose to bleed down? This is the number one reason I see people avoiding the independent lift kit for the deck, it bleeds down while your mowing and before you know it, your scalping!

It only does this when the tractor is turned off. It won't bleed down when running.

/ First 2520 Mods #8  
It only does this when the tractor is turned off. It won't bleed down when running.

Well sort of, a quarter inching value will leak down, and a position control will to, but because it is position control it will correct itself.