Empty trailer weight

/ Empty trailer weight #31  
Alot of them have the weight on a sticker on the trailer somewhere.

My suretrac dump lists empty weight. Dads AMO 22' 12k lists empty weight.

I don’t know about the weight, but they tend to have a weight listed.

/ Empty trailer weight #32  
The problem while shopping for a new trailer, very few manufacturers will provide an empty weight in their online brochures. Frustrating.

/ Empty trailer weight #33  
Trailer manufacturers like to play around with the numbers. Like 14K rated trailers with 6K axles. So that 3.5K could be axle weight but the trailer weighs 4.5K so it starts with 1K tongue weight.
That's not the axle weight-listed, it's axle weight bearing listing.

/ Empty trailer weight #34  
That's not the axle weight-listed, it's axle weight bearing listing.
What I was getting at is trailer manufacturers like to play with weight and fudge ratings. Like the post in #26 were you have a 18K trailer but only have 16K worth of axles. Two 8K axles. So how do we know that the 4060# empty weight isn't the weight of the trailer axles while sitting on a scale.

/ Empty trailer weight #35  
I purchased a 24' bobtail bigfoot bumper pull trailer just before New Years last Dec. The title says my trailer weighs in at 2450 #s. I paid just below $4500. It has 2 6000# axels and 2 axel brakes. The dealership is located in the Lakeland Fl area on hiway 60. I am pulling this trailer with a 2019 F-150 King Ranch. My truck came from the factory with the tow package. It has the 5.0 V8 and when loaded with 8000# pulls just fine. The problem is stopping the 13000# (truck included) in a hurry. The tow package comes with the ability to operate functional trailer brakes that thank God my trailer has. My suggestion is to never buy a trailer with brakes on just one axel. While shopping several trailer sales people said that 1 axel brake was enough and I could save $$. No way! I hope that in some way this info is helpful to someone here. I am also very open to advice or info that would be of help as I am new to all this.