Grapple EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #1  

Rich_Z

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM T474HC
So I have been looking for a grapple for the TYM T474 I just ordered, not sure what type, brand, size, etc, I wanted. Just watching YouTube videos to see what would catch my eye. Well one did catch my eye. The EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple. The videos I watched showed it as being pretty capable and I was thinking that one was IT. But I just happened to catch a newer video of this product, that was posted just 12 days ago on July 28, 2023 talking about improvements. So of course I felt that would be worth watching to see what those improvements might be that I would likely get on the product I would receive.

Well, I watched it twice. Then again. Something was nagging me. Finally I saw what it was. Right around the 3:30 time mark, I saw that the hydraulic hoses on the bottom tines of the grapple were simply routed through those laser cut holes in the tines and the connection points to the driver's side just out in the open. Maybe I am not seeing this correctly, but it seems to me those hoses and those connection points are exposed to damage by material being grasped by that grapple. All it would take is a stub branch on a log of anything sharp in debris being picked up to puncture, slice, or rip those hoses. Or just shear them in two when caught between debris and the edges of those cut holes. Or perhaps even just knock off the fittings at the exposed ends of those hoses. I took some screen captures of what I am referring to that I will provide below.

Wicked 55_01.JPG
Wicked 55_02.JPG
Wicked 55_03.JPG
Wicked 55_04.JPG

I sent a message to Everything Attachments asking about this for clarification, but have not received a response. So I figured I would come here hoping that someone will straighten me out in that perhaps this is a non issue and I am just looking at it wrong. Yeah, I am a kind of Murphy's Law kind of guy, expecting that whatever CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong.

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #2  
If I was getting a grapple it would be a frostbite or that style. I think it would do everything I want a grapple to do and do a better/more precise/more room to Buck up longs that it’s holding up for me than a traditional style.

I will likely never order another EA implement due to Ted’s decisions about vaccines but I do have their 55” single lid. It’s eight years old at Christmas and probably has 300 hours of actual use. It is still able to grab a sheet of paper between all the upper and lower teeth. But it’s really too heavy for my MX, about right for the M.

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #5  
Dang, thanks for that link! I’m gonna order those grill guards!
Their online ordering works pretty good. Email, not so hot but they do answer the phone.
I ordered a 55” pinnacle grapple for my tractor Jul 21, scheduled to ship Aug 15 (apparently no shipping on Mondays)

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #6  
If I were purchasing new right now I'd probably go with the EA Wicked 55; I purchased the Kioti KG2060 grapple, and while I've got good things to say about it, it's already got a bow in it. The EA, from what I've heard, won't develop a curve.

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple
If I were purchasing new right now I'd probably go with the EA Wicked 55; I purchased the Kioti KG2060 grapple, and while I've got good things to say about it, it's already got a bow in it. The EA, from what I've heard, won't develop a curve.
So, as per my original post in this thread, the way those hydraulic lines are threaded through the holes in the lower tines of the grapple are not a potential issue?

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple
I will likely never order another EA implement due to Ted’s decisions about vaccines......
What sort of decisions are you referring to?

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #9  
So, as per my original post in this thread, the way those hydraulic lines are threaded through the holes in the lower tines of the grapple are not a potential issue?

It's certainly a potential, but I've never seen any complaints or posts relating to the setup resulting in hose damage. Really though, all these grapples offer the potential to damage the 3rd function hose. I'd imagine over length of ownership that it's inevitable the hose will take damage.

I may be incorrect in my assumptions, and that would be a pleasant surprise.

/ EA Everything Attachments WICKED 55 Root Rake Grapple #10  
I have an earlier model 55” wicked grapple and my hoses are not routed that way at all. I definitely can see why you are concerned with this new version. Travis from EA replies often on this forum. Maybe he will see this. @EverythingAttachments