Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #51  
I've been interested in the Faver grapples due to their open tines. I have big piles of brush to move as well as big flat rocks to dig out and relocate. The open tines seem less likely to hang up with debris constantly.

They are on the higher end cost wise, but I subscribe to the "buy quality, cry once" line of thinking.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Faver Grapples

I'd like an 728-SCX model:
SCX Features

SCX%20features.jpg

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #52  
So when you drive into a tall pile of brush and use the hydraulic “clamping” function, I would want it to grasp a large bundle of brush.

Trying to decide if the short root tines are better/worse than a grapple with long horizontal tines at grabbing and pulling brush from very large piles.

I think that is where an Open tine non tied L style excells.

The bar that connects tines near the front will hit objects and then just push the entire mess. Don't know who made the used grapple I adapted but pretty sure it is a skid steer construction grapple. Definitely not a mild steel unit maybe AR400
Replaceable round tines and a large opening help for getting a large pile grabbed. My 66" wide grapple will open to 49"
Also with the round tines you can make tine extensions for gettng even larger loads. This style also works better for cleaning out stalls and manure.

Faver makes a similar variant that looks Good as well but does not use replaceable tines. They also seem to like the large opening capability and using very high strength steel in their designs.

Wow I don't know how it happenned on the Faver grapples I started writng this post before the one above appeared. Totally agree with looking into them for the needs quoted.

The construction grapple on my tractor

Attachments

• Grapple.JPG
    Grapple.JPG
    541.5 KB · Views: 57
  • rhino slash pile 012.JPG
    rhino slash pile 012.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
   / Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #53  
   / Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #55  
I've been interested in the Faver grapples due to their open tines. I have big piles of brush to move as well as big flat rocks to dig out and relocate. The open tines seem less likely to hang up with debris constantly.

They are on the higher end cost wise, but I subscribe to the "buy quality, cry once" line of thinking.

Faver Grapples

SCX Features

SCX%20features.jpg

I’ve had a Favor for probably 5 years. It’s a great tool and I’d have no hesitation to buy another one.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #56  

Faver Grapples

SCX Features

SCX%20features.jpg
If this is for your RX6620, I would NOT recommend that grapple. At 862 pounds it is way heavier than it ever needs to be. You would be unneccesarily taking away a substantial amount of lift capacity (one of the benefits of having a machine the size of the RX6620) negating those advantages.
Have you looked at the WR Long grapples? The OBG-2 seems about the perfect fit for what you are looking to do with it, also it opens a full 44" over the 42" of the Faver (splitting hairs here however). I know there are other companies out there but that's the only one I'm extremely familiar with for doing similar types of work you describe.

Someone mentioned the open tines vs having the bar in the front of the grapple teeth, and the bar getting in the way and 'pushing' objects. This is not true and does not impede in any practical way in real life.

Perhaps Faver makes a lighter duty grapple of the same design?

Last edited:
   / Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #57  
For what you are describing a MTL will work fine for you. I have had a MTL for about 5 yrs and ita done just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_5572.jpeg
    IMG_5572.jpeg
    647.8 KB · Views: 57
   / Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)
I'm leaning towards the MTL Grapple, about the same size/weight as the EA grapple for a lot less money. Lead time is measured in weeks not months. Hope to get a quote on a LandPride grapple tomorrow, that will be the deciding factor.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #59  
I'm leaning towards the MTL Grapple, about the same size/weight as the EA grapple for a lot less money. Lead time is measured in weeks not months. Hope to get a quote on a LandPride grapple tomorrow, that will be the deciding factor.
I had mine in 3-4 days after payment was sent.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #60  
I have the Kioti KG 4066 grapple. Mine was on the lot when I bought the tractor so it was an easy choice and I didn't really worry about price versus convenience. It barely has the paint scratched on it, but will be getting more work once the summer sun dries up the spring mud.

While I love the thing and it makes log/brush handling a breeze, I sometimes wish it had a longer bottom 'shelf'. That way I could physically stack some scattered things in there vs shuffling them into a pile and hoping to grab them all with one bite.

That said, since it sits at the same orientation of the loader bucket, I can tilt the grapple all the way down and attack a brush pile or pile of logs from the top. Allows for some precise grabbing.