Dump Truck recommendation

/ Dump Truck recommendation #61  
He said he ordered the lightest possible single frame tandem truck with a 5.9L Cummins 300HP

Must have been a 24 valve or common rail. The truck I posted is a '97, so 12 valve I assume. Easy to add hp tho. I would be afraid it might not launch in soft ground.

Now if it had an ISL8.9 w/jakes.....

/ Dump Truck recommendation #62  
I went through this recently. Getting a single axle dump and going to school to get my CDL was cheaper than a new dump trailer. 35k GVWR so I can haul around 23k.
Best of all, it has a CAT motor.

View attachment 784981
For anyone that is needing to get their CDL, check out Ross Enterprises in MO. Before the ELDT stuff came into effect, he did a one day training and testing for $700. He is still doing something similar, but is required to do a minimum of 4 hours of class time. So at this point his program hasn't changed a lot compared to how it was. The price is around $1500 last I knew. (Still way cheaper than school) If you have some experience driving truck already and only need the license for personal use, this is the way to go. I didn't want to pay extra for the perk of being able to get hooked up with some otr company. I don't ever plan on pulling for a company like that. Just need it for myself.

/ Dump Truck recommendation #63  
Four letters "FORD"

/ Dump Truck recommendation #64  
Four letters "FORD"

/ Dump Truck recommendation
Should I completely write-off any gas engines if I wanted to haul and tow at the same time (in the hills too).

/ Dump Truck recommendation #66  
Should I completely write-off any gas engines if I wanted to haul and tow at the same time (in the hills too).
Nope gear ratio in the axle is important though, and if your not planning on towing a 50' mobile home down two tracks is probably important, lol.

/ Dump Truck recommendation #67  
Four letters "FORD"

I used to be brand loyal. About 20 years ago, I realized how much I was missing by not looking at everything out there.
My “dream” used 1 ton dump would be a 2007 GMC/Chevy Duramax/Allison 4WD with a low sided contractors dump.
Throw a 8.5’-9’ poly plow on the front and call it good.

/ Dump Truck recommendation #68  
Komrade - you won't win any races, but the gas engines will be fine.

/ Dump Truck recommendation
Nope gear ratio in the axle is important though, and if your not planning on towing a 50' mobile home down two tracks is probably important, lol.
Komrade - you won't win any races, but the gas engines will be fine.

What gear ratio would you recommend.
My use cases be 80% local hauling, like within a couple of miles...

/ Dump Truck recommendation #70  
I like a 4.10 or 4.30 in a small (1-2 ton) dump truck with above average power if hauling is the main goal, which it should be in a dump truck.